Close

Question Flashforge Finder parts curling/warping a few minutes into build

Our school bought my area a Flashforge Finder and I've had really good luck with it using it straight out of the box until this week. I decided that I was going to print off an Open RC F1 car from a user on thingiverse as an item to have on display to show off along other projects that we do in our machine shop to promote the class in a couple months when students are signing up for classes for next year. The problem is, I stated printing the axle and about 5 minutes into the print, the ends started curling up. Today, I tried printing another part and the first issue I had was the material not sticking to the bed, and then I tried hairspray and it looked great for about 10 minutes and then started lifting off at the corners and curling upward.

On other sites, people have recommended things but are evidently unfamiliar with the machine because they are suggesting using ABS or a heated plate neither of which are an option for this machine. Things I have tried:

• hairspray- helped to an extent but a few minutes in the items start curling up
    • blue tape- I tried blue tape once, but I couldn't print onto it because the machine wouldn't let me level it and constantly told me it was too close to the print head on one corner even with the thumbscrew cranked as tight as I could get it but leveled correctly as soon as I took the tape off

Other suggestions were brims, but I only see rafts and supports in the Flashforge program. All the common photo hosting sites are marked as "adult" through our network filtering so the best I could do is link them.

https://goo.gl/photos/za9qAQms6fRShrvv5

https://goo.gl/photos/8hGjXB3MeHQ8qWrx7

Engineer-in-Training
    If the 3D printer doesn't have a heated bed, you can't use materials that require heated bed.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
    If the 3D printer doesn't have a heated bed, you can't use materials that require heated bed.
    I'm using the materials supplied by the manufacturer on the original spool. I'm not sure I understand your reply.

here are my suggestions:

[1] buy simplify3d its software that will give you so much control over printing and can alleviate these issues for sure. They have a two week trial FULL refund if you dont like it... https://www.simplify3d.com/buy-now/

[2] calibrate the machine. use the settings and a plain piece of paper get the nozzle to where you can fit the paper under the nozzle and have some friction when you move it around on the bed. this will help the piece to stick better. i also use glue.

[3] level the machine again

[4] you could buy something called buildtak or printinz for your bed. its a build plate sticker with sticking power!

Engineer-in-Training
    Sounds to me like you need to better level your bed, something is strange if blue tape causes it not be able to be leveled.