Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Isnt this old? I thought i've seen this a year ago or something, Might be wrong as its been a while,

Well you might need a sharper nozzle tho, i aint sure if a Jhead would be able to get great degrees in the Z with it.

I don't think it's old. This software isn't out yet. I know they say that you may need to use a different nozzle. I'm not sure of the specifications. This has a lot of potential if they can get some of the larger 3D printing companies to start pushing it.

While a lot of this seems truly innovative, I am not sure that this is always the best or most efficient way of printing. It seems like the video shown where they 3d print the support material, and then have to coat it with a non stick coating, could be more trouble than it is worth. I could see that being rather complicated, and also requiring us to have to watch the printer, so that we can change put on the coating before resuming the print.

I personally believe that the support idea that they have used is quite brilliant. It allows you to make multiple prints faster, without having to print support material again. Also the prints come out more like they would if you were to print them on an SLA printer.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorette3D View Post
    While a lot of this seems truly innovative, I am not sure that this is always the best or most efficient way of printing. It seems like the video shown where they 3d print the support material, and then have to coat it with a non stick coating, could be more trouble than it is worth. I could see that being rather complicated, and also requiring us to have to watch the printer, so that we can change put on the coating before resuming the print.
    I believe that you can remove the need for coating/tape separation by using PVA (or similar soluble support) for the whole first step, no ?

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    I believe that you can remove the need for coating/tape separation by using PVA (or similar soluble support) for the whole first step, no ?
    I would imagine that this would be the case. At the same time though, I don't know what the big deal about the taping off of the support is.

I hope this company has enough funding to really push this new method. I'm afraid it will get lost before it can gain traction I hope I'm wrong.

I can't find an announcement saying how soon this will start. I hope we'll see this before summer so I can try it during holidays...

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    I can't find an announcement saying how soon this will start. I hope we'll see this before summer so I can try it during holidays...
    My guess is that they don't really know yet. They may be waiting on funding something else. They may also be awaiting confirmation of partnerships with 3D printer manufacturers.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Very nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast