Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Adhesion?

I like PLA/PHA as it is nearly as tough as ABS without the fumes.
    PeTG though is a whole different animal. It is so much better than ABS in the prints I have done.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I second using hairspray, the more contact the better and rather using PLA over ABS.
    I am now using Printafix which, next to coming in nice small canisters for precise application, adheres much better than anything else with 121 N/cm2 bed adhesion force.
    Retail in the USA starts only next year but for those who can't wait I will be happy to take orders and ship them to you, for a small percentage fee

Super Moderator
    If it is aerosol you may run into trouble shipping it here. Don't know for sure but there is another similar product in Europe that they can only truck to ship in certain areas no air shipping. I wanted to try it but it is not available here (USA).

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you're still tying yourself down to adhesives and glues and tape and pissing about with different bed types.

I don't need any of that crap :-)
    I print and either wait for the ebd to cool or hit the part with a small hammer. then I print again and again and again.
    never needing to peel, scrape, paint, spray or use tape or glue of any kind.
    I can't see any wear on the bed - don't envisage ever having to change it.
    One fee fora hassle free print experience for life. Why wouldn't you :-)

Super Moderator
    I was thinking on trying Prinbite for ABS but after reading it seems ABS is one thing it really isn't great for. I am trying out the glue stick, yes I never tried it, and was having good luck until the power blinked and killed the print!!
    I have ordered some PEI, partial to the name since I have Shar-Pei's!! Heard good things about PEI and ABS and I think if I can get it on a boro glass then it is easily removed so not to jam up the printer. It is also pricey but if it works well then may be worth it.
    Should be here this weekend and I will try to report back.

Super Moderator
    Do you print larger ABS parts without warping or curling? Everything I have read so far say similar things which is Printbite is not great with ABS. Not knocking the product but it just doesn't seem it will do what I am looking for.

I don't print abs at all.
    never will again.

Printbite is like everything else. If you have an enclosed heated chamber then abs isn't a problem. If you don't have enclosed printer - then why are you bothering with abs at all ?

I have tried pei tape - wasn't impressed. sort of worked, a bit. But not a patch on the printbite sheet.
    But again I print with just about everything apart from abs. I was never impressed with abs when I was using it. Don't get how good people think it is - I've always found pla to be tougher and more durable. Think I just got lucky by buying the reprapper tech pla at the first go. Fabulous stuff.

Super Moderator
    I like PLA a lot. It is forgiving and pretty easy to use. I have somethings I make that PLA won't hold up to so for now ABS is the best solution vs. cost. I am trying ASA but it is more than twice what ABS is per roll. With that said it does print nice.
    The common thread or comments I found on Printbite and ABS is that you can get good results but it seems that most find the temps have to be very high, like bed getting into the 125 range and printing ABS at 250 and up. On Flashforge Creator Pro style machines with PTFE tubes this really isn't practical. Also at those temps I could go for something a lot tougher than ABS. For the time being and until I change over to the all metal hot ends so I can try exotics, ABS is the logical solution.

pet-g is surely the logical solution :-)
    Got that nailed now.

Super Moderator
    Isn't that a little flexible?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast