Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My FFCX loses/gains a bit on rounds and diagonals. Still looking into why. Follow the saga here

Super Moderator
    You might put the file out here so we can try it.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    You might put the file out here so we can try it.
    File is attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sreisig1 View Post
    File is attached
    I'll give it a go later today and see what happens.

Super Moderator
    File is attached

Getting ready to start printing to see what happens. It says about 2 hours.

Super Moderator
    So far you can see that the postg hole are poor. It is like it is trying to print in air. The first layer is ok but then these do not print correctly. I did see the file has issues but I am going to let it run as is to see what happens. Then I will run fixes on it a nd see how it goes.
    The pic is rotated and for the life of me I can not get it to post correctly.

[IMG][/IMG]

Super Moderator
    It printed ok. I think there are some problems and running through a fixer could help. This was printed with basic default settings and fairly fast at 3600mm/min and the filament is generic PLA nothing special.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thank you, Idk how but I must have unsubscribed myself from my thread somehow, stopped getting notifications. I appreciate you doing this, thank you!

Yea, Flashforge sent me a new z motor and threaded rod. I installed it and still have the issues, so its not the z motor or rod.

I actually just picked up another printer and the prints are coming out great, so definitely a problem with this particular printer. Here you can see photos of the lid with its oozesheild for both my problem printer and my new one.

Problem Printer:

New Printer:

Now a little more than a week later and the new printer prints are starting to look like this... Since it has no gradually happened to 2 printers, I'm wondering if since the parts are thin walled/smart parts, if the rapid movements are loosening something or making it skip over time? Yo can still see the lines from when the printer was brand new a week ago, they just weren't as protruding and noticeable.

Super Moderator
    Can't see pics right now, security locks them out but I can look later to see what you mean.

Now a little more than a week later and the new printer prints are starting to look like this... Since it has no gradually happened to 2 printers, I'm wondering if since the parts are thin walled/smart parts, if the rapid movements are loosening something or making it skip over time? Yo can still see the lines from when the printer was brand new a week ago, they just weren't as protruding and noticeable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast