Close

New QIDI dual extruder owner and i love it!

Coming from a wanhao duplicator i3 and now to this im in a totally differnt work this thing prints great!!! Besides the build take holding prints on harder than concrete(glassbed is on the way) My one question is this when printing it seem my first layer is a little melted looking and just a little "smushed" down but every other layer after that is perfect. what could be causing this?

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddin2deep View Post
    Coming from a wanhao duplicator i3 and now to this im in a totally differnt work this thing prints great!!! Besides the build take holding prints on harder than concrete(glassbed is on the way) My one question is this when printing it seem my first layer is a little melted looking and just a little "smushed" down but every other layer after that is perfect. what could be causing this?
    Very nice and welcome!

The first layer really depends on your leveling and layer height. How are you currently leveling the bed before each print?

I've been using a sheet of printer paper just like I did on the wanhao. I feel I might have it just a little to close but the prints are coming out amazing now that I've bought simplify3d. Just that firs layer seems to be a little thixk. No bed digging or gouging just a little thick looking.

I got a bed leveling sheet from QIDI when I got some parts. It's just a bit thicker than a piece of paper. Might try just a tad looser with the paper.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq