Close

Banned

D-Shape Large 3D Printer

Has anyone seen this sucker? It's called the D-Shape, and is a large scale 3D printer capable of printing objects 6 feet all around. The Printer uses SLA technology. Here is a snippet from their page about it:

The D-Shape building process is similar to the “printing” process because the system operates by straining a binder on a sand layer (more on materials in the next section). This is similar to what an ink-jet printer does on a sheet of paper. This principle allows the architect to design fantastically complex architectural structures.
    It prints with a sandstone like material, which they call "artificial sandstone." Each later printed only adds 5-10mm in height, which is quite small for a large scale printer like this. Check out some D-Shape of the pictures below. This thing could really b used for many awesome applications in my opinion. More details on this 3d printer here: http://d-shape.com

Last edited by Maggie; 04-08-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Engineer
    The crazy thing about this one is that it's been around already for a few years. I wonder how far along they have come. I think in the next 3 years you will see huge strides in 3d printing of large objects such as houses.