Close

Printing speed of Inventure, Form 2 and Form 1+ ?

Hello!

I tried to find out the printing speed (in mm/s or mm³/s) of:

• Zortrax Inventure
    • Form 2
    • Form 1+

but couldn't find any information. Could anybody help me with that information, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Grum_l View Post
    Hello!

I tried to find out the printing speed (in mm/s or mm³/s) of:

• Zortrax Inventure
    • Form 2
    • Form 1+

but couldn't find any information. Could anybody help me with that information, please?

and you will never find any information... They are not printing in the mm/s number like the FDM printers are based on movement speed.
    Resin is cured by a laser, so for instance 1 chess piece may take 1 hour to print on my Form 2, however 16 pieces may only take 8 hours... the most time consuming part of the SLA printing process is peel, lift, re position.

Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    and you will never find any information... They are not printing in the mm/s number like the FDM printers are based on movement speed.
    Resin is cured by a laser, so for instance 1 chess piece may take 1 hour to print on my Form 2, however 16 pieces may only take 8 hours... the most time consuming part of the SLA printing process is peel, lift, re position.
    The Zortrax Inventure is FDM-like (called LPD-Plus), as far as I know. So, it would be possible to get a mm/s value, or not? Maybe its similiar to the M200.?

The two SLA printers - yes thats clear that there is no mm/s number. I didn't wrote that well. But you could get a mm³/s number if you know the volume of the printed object (i.e. in mm³) and divide it by the printing time (i.e. in seconds). However, if the amount of time is reduced while printing more than one piece, hmm...

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    if you just type: 'formlabs form 2 or form 1 specifications' into a search engine you will quickly find all the information you want.
    They usually give sla speed as cm per hour along the z axis.
    Ie: it can print a height of 1-2 cm an hour depending on settings.
    form 2 info:
    As a general rule, the build speed is 1-3 cm/hour along the Z axis when printing at 100 microns.
    This is difficult to compare to fdm as fdm cm per hour depends entirely on the model being printed.

Thank you for the info!

I will say, overall I think my SLA prints much faster (certainly when the part is bigger or multiple parts at the same time)
    Also, because i have so fewer failures in SLA. i never have to restart, it just works (form2)