Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by threedee4me View Post
    i am a new so i am going a mile a minute trying to soak up all info i can. i bought simplyfi3d but that has my head spinning in good and bad ways since there are so many settings its great but confusing to me too. the print came out much better but there are still imperfections. i see some holes at the bottom of the print. i was about to try to add more perimeters first using the software. i will 100% take your advice and try it again your way now instead first.

its makergeek clear pla. it says use at 230 since its a very concentrated color and its nearly pure pla resin. i will try and see what i get.

thanks
    I was actually printing MG clear PLA last night at 200 and it was printing very nicely. This was my first print with the clear. I print other MG at 190.

It seems every spool says 230 regardless of what it is!

yeah my printer wont print it at a lower temp blob, ball, mush, stringy every time .....

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    generally with pla 200-215 is what print at.
    I don't see what that model would need a raft.

what surface are you printing on ?
    should have asked this earlier :-)

The finder doesn't have a heated bed does it, so for me the best unheated surface for pla is pva glue stick.

Also clear or transparent colour pla (which that blue you're using deginitely is) tends to to more viscous and stickier than solid colour filament. I can never get as sharp a print with clear pla as with solid colours. The one exception being reprapper tech's wood coloured filament which is semi-transparent brown and hands down the best filament I've yet used. Plus it looks great :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-20-2016 at 11:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12