Close

Tiny landscape object needs to be printed - is this possible at all?

Hi,
    I am looking to 3D-print tiny object.
    Is it possible to model and print the mountain like the one on this picture in high resolution? aaaaaa.jpg
    The printed size needed is 8mm x 8mm x 8mm.
    I've read some sla printers can do this...
    I am not experienced in 3-d printing, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Art

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yes - most decent sla machines would be able to make a pretty decent model at that size.

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Most 3d printers are not full colour (just in case you hadn't realised this). Great Photo by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by iDig3Dprinting View Post
    Most 3d printers are not full colour (just in case you hadn't realised this). Great Photo by the way.

How should I do my search for colour/greyscale SLA printing shop for this project? Any specific term to google? Something like or microscale/high def printing services?

Thanks again

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    You will have to look for full colour 3d printer, that is not going to be cheap.
    Your alternative is to print it out and then paint it.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    your best bet is to look on the 3dhubs website for someone close to you with an sla printer.
    www.3dhubs.com

8mmx8mm isn't that small - I made some 3mm rubber tires recently :-) But that's fdm and you won't get the detail you want with anything but als.