Close

Uninterruptible Power Supply backup

hi all

anyone have a good recommendation for uninterruptible power supply backup in case of a blackout?

thanks

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I generally just recommend them to people who ,live in areas where they get lots of power cuts, or industrial workshops where the power can spike.

The cheap ones will give you around 10-15 minutes.

To get one that would run a 3d printer for some hours you'd have to pay quite a lot of money.
    For the most part I just go for whatever is cheapest on amazon at the time with reasonable reviews.

Senior Engineer
    Given that most (if not all) of the bits use DC the best thign to do if you absolutely need it, is to use a few car batteries or if you have some cash use proper caravan lead acids.

Quote Originally Posted by threedee4me View Post
    hi all

anyone have a good recommendation for uninterruptible power supply backup in case of a blackout?

thanks
    Just curious... where do you live? Back in SA we had blackouts a lot ('cos the government run out of electricity).

this is great info so thanks! we dont have blackouts too often but once in a while. it would stink if you were mid print of a long print and the lights flicker and you have to restart : (