Close

Thread: Real filament

Real filament

Got my hands on some Real brand filament from RepRapWorld. So far my PLA experience has been limited to FlashForge brand and Esun which was good but never really blue me away to be honest. This Real filament is very nice based on my tests of last night and this morning. Took me a while to get it calibrated but once I did the results were fantastic. The calibration cube came out at 20.0 x 20.0 x 9.95 and the walls were smooth and even. Best though were the top and bottom faces... easily the best I have ever seen.

I will be ordering more of this. I have a huge project at the moment that will deplete my Real stock (only two spools) and I intend getting more.

Just my two pence...

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    did you BUY filament at tct ?

I'm currently testing innofil's pro 1

Supposedly a super tough polymer, as easy to print as pla and tougher than abs.

The first of MANY such claims from this years filament haul.

As I'm currently making some very small items and then coating in copper for useable strength - it'll be interesting to see if any of the new materials are going to be strong enough to be used without electroforming in copper.

Looking good so far :-)

I have been using Meltink's PLA/PHA which has been coming out great now that I have dialed in the printer for it.
    It is not brittle like the QIDI PLA I had tried previously.
    I dont think it is stronger than ABS though. It seems that aardvark you are right many are making these claims now that is for sure.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well I never found 3d printed abs to be that great. going by what i made, the abs stuff was always more brittle and more inclined to break than the pla.

Currently using innofil's new pro 1 filament.
    Can't find any info on what it's made of - don't think they want anyone to know.

In the tests they did, it thrashed pla, pet and abs in every single test apart from impact - the only thing abs scored higher in.

It's not as stiff as pla - which would be my only negative comment. Prints like a dream and is pretty tough.

I'll be doing some direct comparison tests with esun pet-g soon. See how it stacks up in use.

ESun PeTG is a beast. I have some of the translucent blue. I was able to dial it in with one test print and it is a beast. I like how strong it is. A bit flexible but not warpy.
    I think the higher temp you can print it in the more clear it gets as well. Slow speed and higher temps.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well I never found 3d printed abs to be that great. going by what i made, the abs stuff was always more brittle and more inclined to break than the pla.

Currently using innofil's new pro 1 filament.
    Can't find any info on what it's made of - don't think they want anyone to know.

In the tests they did, it thrashed pla, pet and abs in every single test apart from impact - the only thing abs scored higher in.

It's not as stiff as pla - which would be my only negative comment. Prints like a dream and is pretty tough.

I'll be doing some direct comparison tests with esun pet-g soon. See how it stacks up in use.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq