Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Simplify3D

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd-67 View Post
    It's got a bit of a learning curve for sure but in the end it is the best slicer that I have ever used.
    OK, my impression is that this is, by a reasonable margin the best slicing software available. Is there a slicer that would be better for learning? More intuitive?

I can ignore complexity if otherwise the interface is well laid out and intuitive to use. It is hard to work around a bad UI.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I'd say cura is probably the next best option to simplify3d. And it's free :-)
    has most of the options and easy to use.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by fredk View Post
    OK, my impression is that this is, by a reasonable margin the best slicing software available. Is there a slicer that would be better for learning? More intuitive?

I can ignore complexity if otherwise the interface is well laid out and intuitive to use. It is hard to work around a bad UI.
    The S3D UI is awesome but i would try to use one the free ones first before you layout any cash.

Technician
    Hi All,

Just purchased this software last night ( didn't make it to bed and now 12:30 pm ), cant believe how much better the print quality is, and the bed adhesion is brilliant. My only issue with it is that when doing any print with support structures, the supports leave massive scarring / burning / deforming of the print wherever a support is used, everywhere else on the print is beyond excellent.

Has anyone else had this issue, or is there a setting in supports that I have missed. Using 2 Flashforge creator Pro`s and both creating same issue.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Engineer-in-Training
    The scarring depends on the type of plastic, PETG is really bad, PLA a bit better and ABS the best of all.
    In the support tab you can specify how many layers to leave free between support and part. Normally it is 1, but you can set it to 2 and see how that works.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Alibert View Post
    The scarring depends on the type of plastic, PETG is really bad, PLA a bit better and ABS the best of all.
    In the support tab you can specify how many layers to leave free between support and part. Normally it is 1, but you can set it to 2 and see how that works.
    Hi Alibert,

Thanks for the reply - I am printing in ABS at the moment and the rest of the unsupported prints are beyond perfect ( really love this software ). I will try increasing the spacing as you suggested and let you know the outcome.

Cheers

Simply3d should be the most powerful slicer I ever used

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234