Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simplify3D

I've gone over there an almost pulled the trigger a half a dozen times now.

If it weren't for Proftweak for Makerware, I would have already done so. I'm still experimenting with all that I can do via that program.

I realize that S3D is probably still better just because of the way it handles adjusting the supports (among other things), just not sure yet if it's $140 better...

Ok, I pulled the trigger and bought it. The first thing I found is that it mostly supports my printer. I emailed support and they said that they'd have a specific set up for my printer in the next release. I was told that I should use the Makerbot version for now. So, I pulled that in and tried to print from the left extruder. After a few very failed attempts, I figured out that I just can't read and that if I want to use just the left extruder, I need to select the Makerbot (left extruder) profile, and not the first Makerbot profile (which is the right extruder).

Then when having the correct profile set, I actually got to print something, I found that it primes a few inches and then uses the table to cut if off (which unfortunately in my case, my table doesn't cut off the primed filament from the left extruder). NO biggie, but I do like Makerware's way of handling the primed filament more. On the big plus side, support answered quickly and clearly, and offered to get me set up with the G-Code to change the way the prime is handled (but recommended that I wait for the update, which I'm opting to do).

Engineer
    yes that initial start and purge is in the scrips tab and its your start gcode. you dont have to use theirs. you can write your own if you want and make the printer do whatever you want. as for the next release, it will be out really soon so dont sweat it. you might see it this week but no guarantees. i know they are working hard to get the last things wrapped up and out to everyone.

Engineer
    guys, the new s3d update just got released first thing this morning. download it and try it out. lots of cool new features.

download here:
    http://www.simplify3d.com/downloads/

here is a breakdown of the new features and there is a changelog at the bottom of the page.

http://www.simplify3d.com/simplify3d-v2-2-release/

They pulled it. Must have found an issue that they need to correct?

It's back up for download

Hah! Avast! detected a threat and deleted the 64 bit installer...

One more vote for this; its REALLY good when combined with proper settings for your printer.

I use it at NCSU with the Fusion3 F306 and get fabulous results (esp. the support structures)

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by igolfchip View Post
    I use it at NCSU with...
    'igolfchip, I graduated from the School of Design (called something different now I think) at NCSU. I miss it. Glad the new release is out. I'll go get it. 'jimc' got me excited about it to start with and I've never looked back. I haven't touched Slic3r, Cura, Kisslicer or any other slicer since.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Engineer
    Thats good your happy and still using it rob.

Golfchip...on another topic, what donyou think about the f306. I have been following that printer and company for a long time. Chris the owner is a smart dude. The market isnt flooded with them so its not often you get to hear feedback on it from users.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast