Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No need to be rude.

Educate yourself.

Glad you found the issue with the fan.

For the fan issue in the file itself as I stated and posted a screen shot for you, Simply 3D allows you to control the fan speed layer by layer of you want.
    I setup OctoPrint on an RPi (hence the name OctoPi) and send my files to be printed directly to the printer through that instead of the SD card route.
    It does not like the x3g files and instead uses the gcode files. S3D has the ability to save both the x3g and the gcode file at the same time.
    Fan on/off and speed settings work on the gcode file. The x3g its either on or off. I've not looked into seeing if you can pack the speed control in the x3g file.

Glad your up and running again. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by JensC View Post
    Reality Check (back to the thread topic)

1. Answer to my first original question:

The aux cooling fan plug near the extruders was defective. At rest it worked but when jerked around by the head in certain directions the fan power was intermittent. Fixed.

2. Answer to my second original question:

The code to turn on the aux cooling fan is M106. The code to turn it off is M106 S0.

(END OF THREAD)
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    No need to be rude.

Educate yourself.

Glad you found the issue with the fan.

For the fan issue in the file itself as I stated and posted a screen shot for you, Simply 3D allows you to control the fan speed layer by layer of you want.
    I setup OctoPrint on an RPi (hence the name OctoPi) and send my files to be printed directly to the printer through that instead of the SD card route.
    It does not like the x3g files and instead uses the gcode files. S3D has the ability to save both the x3g and the gcode file at the same time.
    Fan on/off and speed settings work on the gcode file. The x3g its either on or off. I've not looked into seeing if you can pack the speed control in the x3g file.

Glad your up and running again. Enjoy.
    Fan speed was irrelevant to my original thread question. Its inapplicable as the QIDI printer has no variable speed fans.

"Educate yourself"?!... "No need to be rude"?... Hey, Pot.... meet Kettle.

Jesus, Mary an' feckin' Joseph. Honestly.....

The fan that is the blower on the nozzles will vary in speed. S3D does allow that. it is not either on or off only as far as I have been able to see. I used PLA/PHA just last night to build the adjustable platform jack model and had the fan at 20% for the first 4 layers and at 100% for the rest. The fan did spin at a slower speed during the first four layers. Why?? I am not sure as it is not a 3 pin fan power connection that usually controls fans. I have not disassembled the unit to check the board but the control board may very well control the fan speed by adjusting the amount of power it sends to it. I will take it apart in the coming weeks and find out.

As far as being upset by your rude reply yes I was.

Fan speed was irrelevant to my original thread question. Its inapplicable as the QIDI printer has no variable speed fans.

"Educate yourself"?!... "No need to be rude"?... Hey, Pot.... meet Kettle.

Jesus, Mary an' feckin' Joseph. Honestly.....
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

@bitcoin.com boy

The message you seemed to have taken as "rude" wasn't for you. I was trying to end a thread that *I* started. Quit busting my balls about the fan shit. Since you appear to so desperately need the last word, it's yours.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Time for everybody to just back away from this one...

Just wanted to apologize. I read it wrong and thought you were busting on me too.
    Sorry for that.

@bitcoin.com boy

The message you seemed to have taken as "rude" wasn't for you. I was trying to end a thread that *I* started. Quit busting my balls about the fan shit. Since you appear to so desperately need the last word, it's yours.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12