Close

X-One - bundled software not working (win 10)

Hi All,

Just got my X-One delivered, and I've managed to print off the demo column included on the SD card, however, I can't get the bundled software to run.

If I try it through the shortcut, it just terminates. Running via Python from the command line gives me an error about a file access issue on the E: drive, so I'm wondering if they've inadvertently included a local path in one of the scripts.

Anyone have any ideas, or alternatively, which other slicer should I use? I've looked at Cura and Slic3r, but I don't have settings for the X-one beyond the nozzle size and filament diameter. I'm a n00b at 3d printing so some help would be much appreciated

Cheers,
    S.

Super Moderator
    The slicer that comes with it is a version of Cura, I think anyways, seems I saw Cura in it somewhere. It needs to be installed. Did you do this? There are instructions on the SD card. I can give the file names later when I can look at the SD card.

Yes - have it installed already.

For now I've simply commented out the offending line in the .py script which was failing to save initial settings. Managed to get it up and running now and it's printing at the moment