Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why is my build plate z level getting messed up

Hi,

so when I am trying to print this:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:547580

I am using Makerware to export x3g to the sd card for my printer, I load it and start priting. Everything goes really well until I get to like 30-40% where my extruder does not touch the actual part:

How can I fix this, I have already tried this print like three times and I am getting the same issue

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    I can see your support in the front is really stringy/not fully solid. This points to an issue with the extrusion settings or your nozzle could be clogged/need replacement.

Support structure should be completely solid lines and you may need to re-calibrate your settings for extrusion or perform maintenance.

Thank you for your response. I don't think it is the nozzle because it is a new printer. I wanted to ask you if you recommend any specific settings for support structures?

Super Moderator
    I would suggest starting with a good releveling of the bed. I am guessing there may be to much gap with the nozzle.

Also what material are you using?

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by fontseeker View Post
    Thank you for your response. I don't think it is the nozzle because it is a new printer. I wanted to ask you if you recommend any specific settings for support structures?
    The nozzle can clog from a short time of running crappy filament, if your initial leveling was proper and the first couple layers were printed properly I would start with basic maintenance. My settings apply to S3D so I'm not sure if they would apply to Makerware.

I am printing with PLA, I tested it again with another print with supports and without supports. Every time I print with supports this problem appears, but without support it prints perfectly. Does anyone recommend any settings for Support structures on MarkerBot or does anyone know what I am doing wrong with supports?

Super Moderator
    I am printing with PLA, I tested it again with another print with supports and without supports. Every time I print with supports this problem appears, but without support it prints perfectly. Does anyone recommend any settings for Support structures on MarkerBot or does anyone know what I am doing wrong with supports?
    Never used makerbot but my guess is maybe it just isn't good at supports? Might try a google on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Never used makerbot but my guess is maybe it just isn't good at supports? Might try a google on that one.
    I have seen Makerbot printers work perfectly with supports but it is my first time using a QIDI, for some reason every time it gets to the support the printer starts printing midair, like it didn't place the supports but the building plate keeps going down:

In other words, the print goes flawlessly, but as soon as it reaches the support structures, the extrude slowly starts to print midair. No idea why

This are my support settings:
    Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 7.04.22 PM.jpg

I can't figure out what it is that is messing my print when I use supports.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fontseeker; 09-21-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Super Moderator
    I have seen Makerbot printers work perfectly with supports but it is my first time using a QIDI, for some reason every time it gets to the support the printer starts printing midair, like it didn't place the supports but the building plate keeps going down:

This are my support settings:
    Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 7.04.22 PM.jpg

I can't figure out what it is that is messing my print when I use supports.
    Some one can correct me but look a the support margin, support to model spacing and support to roof. Seems like the first or second one could be to big. In S3D the separation between the support and lower is 1 layer thickness and same for the top. Also 220 and 80 are on the upper end for PLA.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Some one can correct me but look a the support margin, support to model spacing and support to roof. Seems like the first or second one could be to big. In S3D the separation between the support and lower is 1 layer thickness and same for the top. Also 220 and 80 are on the upper end for PLA.
    Do you suggest to set them both to 0?

220 and 80 as an temperature of the extruder and HBP?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast