Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator
    I have used Hatchbox yellow PLA and it was nice.

Just now trying the first Hatchbox ABS. Not bad so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelador View Post
    Fingers crossed my new hatchbox filament works out ok. Seen some good reviews of which im going to go see if i can get a refund on this other one as im sure its that.

Hope it turns up soon got a part im desperate to print for a project. Have you tried any woodfill yet????????

Super Moderator
    I have some but have not tried it yet. Maybe this weekend but I keep saying that!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelador View Post
    Hope it turns up soon got a part im desperate to print for a project. Have you tried any woodfill yet????????

Soooooooo I have replacement nozzles and cleaned the old ones out all hunky dory. So far so good got some good prints done. I have now got rid of the clicking problem. The miscellaneous pausing during printing on the other hand did return but i think i know why.

During an 8 hour print I had it pause 1/4 of the way through . I put this down to a partial lift of the print and maybe a jammed nozzle. Same as before it had stopped as if was finished but nozzle was still in position still hot but not extruding.
    So I checked my levels blockages all was fine so i applied more glue and tried a reprint. The same again exact same spot same layer to the millimetre.

I then went back to S3D and noticed an error box which i vaguely remember seeing before say something about the gcode. So i re sliced the model and saved to hard drive had some food then transferred to sd card and started the print for a third time. This time it worked pretty much to a tee aside from some weird curl/separation issues on some thin edges which i think is due to print speed??? and some odd under extrusion in small areas which i think is retraction issue. But as im so fresh at this im still working that out. Just happy it printed regardless of some faults.

So in conclusion I have found clicking motor is a jam in my case caused i believe by bad filament and maybe a miss formed nozzle. But the printer pausing part way through print i believe was caused when saving straight to memory card being too eager and removing too soon even though it looked like it was finished. So as a precaution I save to hard drive now first then save to memory card then click to eject the memory card just to make sure it is all done.

I hope this helps others as every one i have spoken too so far has been very helpful.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear you were able to figure out a lot of the issues!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123