Close

Question Messy print on Printrbot Play, what settings to change?

I printed one of my models on Printrbot Play with PLA and the print looks pretty messy. Here are some pictures, as well as my Cura settings.
    (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bpy80yq8v...lFE20STta?dl=0)
    Could you please advice what I should change to get better results (maybe it's not a software only problem, but something with the printer).As far as I can tell - the main problems are:

1. Some filament is being extruded when the print head is moving from one point to another, it causes little "bumps" when next layers are printed and the top surface in the end becomes very uneven. I have "enable retraction" checked in Cura, maybe I should try lowering the temperature.

2. Even though it seems like more than enough filament is being extruded - there are a couple of lines missed on the first layer.
    3. There's a noticeable layer mismatch. Those upmost thin snaps should be right angled, but there are skewed, and the walls overall are not smooth (vertically) because of this.
    4. Also I can see strange bubbles on one side, no idea what this is and what causes it.

I think I should try lowering the temperature and increasing retraction?

Maybe slow down the printer, but isn't the speed low already? What are you thoughts?
    Thanks, any help would be much appreciated

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    What is the material you are trying to print on?

For now, focus on the problems getting the first layer to adhere to the print surface better and don't fret over the rest of the print. My guess is there's too much gap between the nozzle and print surface. Other things that can create first layer problems include the nature of the print surface, the first layer print speed, the extrusion rate, and hot end temperature...