I'm seeing that lots of retailers are dumping their stock of Cube 3 printers and 3D Systems have also dumped their Home/Hobby line of 3d printers. I would never have consider this printer at their launch price but now that you can get one (new) for on average $200 are they still not worth it? I'm looking for a 3D printer for our Elementry's Library tech department. But I don't want to hand them a total POS that is going to cause more headaches then it's worth. I've read Tons of not so favorable posts but are people griping because they paid full price? I know I would be pretty ticked off if I had paid full price for this printer after reading some of the problems owners have had.https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1200_.jpg

I've read that their is a work around for using 3rd party filament but that was only for a certain firmware and still a bit of a hassle. I would love to see someone that has a work around that you remove the problematic filament cartridges altogether and mount a standard roll on its side.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thank!!