Close

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse

Question Input appreciated: We are putting together a list of filament spool sizes

We often get asked to identify 3dprinter filament that can fit different 3d printers given some restriction on space, spool holder or, indeed filament diameter. As a result we are going to try an put together as comprehensive a list as possible in relation to common different filament manufacturers spool sizes.

We would be grateful if people could contribute with information about their 3D printer filament so we can expand the list. So please email us or include your information in the replies to this post. But, try not to make them too obscure.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I changed the filament holders on my rep clones. Now everything works :-)

With the standard holders - the worst were Taulman - all their spools have very small central holes so I was forced to either respool (once) or cut the middle out of the spool to make the hole bigger (once).
    As I've nevere managed to get taulman filaments to work - I no longer buy there stuff.
    But my new holders will take them.
    Likewise flexismart do a spool with a 13mm hole. That would previously have been a problem.

I also have an old reel of reprapper tech black that came on a ridiculously large spool that wouldn't work with the original holders. With the new carriage bolts it hangs lower and works.

Eveyone else I've tride uses spools with large central holes - so no problem.