Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Very flexible. Many many settings you can mess with but that can get you in trouble quick also. It is very fast on slicing.
    On one of my printers I can do a print with the supplied software (it is free so it is what it is!) and the print is ok. The same print in S3D is much better but there is a lot more to know about using it.

The response I usually see is people love it. Some have not liked it at first until they got things set up right and got an understanding of what all of the settings do and how they can affect each other.
    There is a good support forum, it is not monitored by S3D but many members.
    S3D support has been good and responsive for me.

Bottom line, I have had a good experience with it. It may not be for everyone. I am sure the other packages have their strong points also. There is no ultimate solution but maybe in time you find different slicers can be better at different things.

Technologist
    Maybe I need to reconsider S3d. I have a part I need to print out. It is printed with Ninja-Flex. I can't get a good print because it needs supports (I think). All I get is a stringy mess with dual extrusion. I have made so many adjustments to temp, speed, supports, no supports, etc. Maybe I need another opinion. Can I send you the file to print with S3d to see if it comes out any better? Or, maybe you can look at the file and suggest a better way to print it. I'd attach the file here but don't see how to do it.

Super Moderator
    I see what you are up against. I am guessing it is the corners?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    does it have to be ninjaflex ?
    straight ninjaflex is the hardest flexible filament to use well.
    My favourite is polyflex - a flexible pla.
    ninjatek semi-flex might also be an option. It's a little stiffer and thus much easier to print with.

What filament were you using as support ?

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I see what you are up against. I am guessing it is the corners?
    Yes...the corners mostly.

Technologist
    This part will act as a seal and vibration damper. The rubber texture and flexibility of ninja seems to work well. I know ninja is not real rubber but does poly flex have the same characteristics? I'm not dead set on ninja if something else will work better and give me the results I need.

I have tried several support materials including PLA, ABS and desolvable.

Technologist
    Forgot the answer you about semi-flex. I have that as well but the prints come out a little too stiff.
    Maybe it's just me and I am doing something wrong. I am new to the FFCP, so with your experience maybe you can suggest a better settup.

You can print ninjaflex on your printer. It requires a quick mod to your extruder (takes a couple of minutes) and you're set. I described the mod some here on the boards, can't find it right now but search shouldn't be too hard.

PTFE begins to degrade to 260 degrees. Depending on the grade you have its anywhere from 260 -290 actually. People state 240 degrees as a safe zone. Beyond 260 and you will after time have to replace your PTFE tube and definitely work in a ventilated space as the fumes can cause flu like symptoms in humans. I print Ninjaflex at 240ish on an FFCX and it works fine.

I don't know what you are printing. Upload a photo?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Nope polyflex is a lot stiffer than ninjaflex.
    If you have to have ninjaflex - then go for Green ninjaflex. For some reason it prints much better and easier than any other colour. I actually printed a really clean marvin with green ninjaflex. have yet to get any other colour to work on the creator.

Engineer-in-Training
    Another vote for simply 3D here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast