Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Actually, I stopped using ReplicatorG and switched to Flashprint and so far, I have not had the issue. I have only done a couple of things so I am not convinced that the issue is solved but things are going in the right direction.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by djprinter View Post
    My guess would be that the filament isn't freely coming of the spool.

But your temperature is also low for ABS. I'd suggest printing at 240.
    That is what I was wondering as well. I have had some materials that require a fair amount more heat than others of the same type.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd-67 View Post
    That is what I was wondering as well. I have had some materials that require a fair amount more heat than others of the same type.
    If you don't go to all metal hot ends you will start to have issues with the PTFE tube once you start going over 230. I'd check that out first to see.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by huntleybill View Post
    Actually, I stopped using ReplicatorG and switched to Flashprint and so far, I have not had the issue. I have only done a couple of things so I am not convinced that the issue is solved but things are going in the right direction.
    Good to hear. I haven't actually done a print with Flashprint but my FFCP's run great with S3D.

Technologist
    Thank you for that info wirlybird. I am printing with a temp of 230 and N.F. pretty much oozes out like crazy at that temp.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    For the record The FFCP works best with either S3D or Makerware.
    What version of Makerware would you recommend? Or will any version work?

Actually I have to recant my comments about Flashprint. After reading jfkansas's comment I downloaded it and gave it a whirl. Its not bad actually. Calibrations values are a bit different so it took me a while to get materials dialed but now its running very well. Haven't tried a dual extrusion yet as I am busy with a large project. Hopefully I will be able to complete it by Saturday evening and then do some dual stuff on Sunday.

Anyway... Flashprint is in some ways better than Makerware: it has a fresh look to it, all the settings are there that I need to fiddle with, it doesn't do that stupid purge line along the front of the HBP, manual support placement, random layer start points to name a few. I heard (but not tried) that supports and rafts are as junk to remove as with Makerware so that's not good. Ultimately I will invest in S3D.

Makerware 2.4 is the preferred MW release. There are download links in the Flashforge section.

Technologist
    S3D is $150...yikes!!!!
    Flashprint....Free!

hmmmm...what to do.

Super Moderator
    Can't tell you what to do about S3D but I started with it straight out of the gate and like it. I have tried some of the others a little and found them a pain and the prints weren't as good. I am biased though!

Messed with the new flashprint and it seems ok. Plenty of features.

Technologist
    OK...so what does S3d do that others can't? I mean for $150, there should be a significant improvement in quality of prints I would think. Or at least make coffee.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast