Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how to setup Simplify3D for use on FFCP

hello im new to 3d printing so bare with me. i have been using replicatorg for printing on my FFCP and i read alot about simplify3d being a much better program to use so i got simplify3d and i cannot figure out how to set it up with my FFCP
    can anyone help me out maybe point me in the right direction how to find a how to for setting it up or any help would be great

i have the new version of the FFCP with the latest Sailfish firmware

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    use a standard repicator dual profile.
    there are a lot of tutorials and videos on the s3d website that explain how to setup templates. So I'm not going through it here :-)
    I've had a few problems with the dedicated flashforge profiles, so these days just use the generic replicator dual ones and have had no problems with them.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    use a standard repicator dual profile.
    there are a lot of tutorials and videos on the s3d website that explain how to setup templates. So I'm not going through it here :-)
    I've had a few problems with the dedicated flashforge profiles, so these days just use the generic replicator dual ones and have had no problems with them.
    I am curious what issues you were having with the dedicated profile? I have a FFCP 2016 and am using the dedicated profile and it seems ok other than the initial prime/purge move just doing a blob at the edge of the bed and then dragging the plastic across the bed!

I am only wondering so I can watch for things I may think are just my settings. I'll take a look at the replicator profile and see how that goes. Always looking for a better way!

the drop down list of profiles is empty.. i can only create and save a new profile

Super Moderator
    If you want to add a profile you need to go under help and use configuration assistant. Select the one you want then it will be available to use in the profile drop down.

i tried that but the configuration assistant only has "other" as a choice in the drop down list

Super Moderator
    Sounds like the program needs to be updated or reloaded. When you go to configuration assistant there should;d be a long list of printers available. Try the check for updates from the help menu. If that doesn't do it then either check out the S3D forums or contact their help directly.

Engineer-in-Training
    The first time I installed simplify3d the configuration assistant only had a few printers (none of which was the FFCP). I reinstalled it and the FFCP profile was there.

thanks ill try out these suggestions and hopefully the profile shows up.
    i did try reinstalling once with no success but i will try to do a complete unistall and re install and see if that does it.
    i also sent a message to Simplify3d support about the profile not showing so hopefully i get a respoonse soon with a solution

will give an update after thanks

completly uninstalling and reinstalling fixed the issues and all profiles appear in config assitant now so thanks for the help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast