Close

3D Printed House is Completed in China in Shandong Province

A 3D printed house has been completed in China, in the East China’s Shandong Province at Binzhou City. Made with concrete, the home was created in just two months and is extremely appealing in its design, even featuring air-conditioning, and a floorplan that features two courtyards in the Jiangnan style floor plan. This is just the first phase in a project that is expected to yield multiple 3D printed buildings, which the developer explains are fairly affordable at 5,000 yuan per square meter, with prices expected to drop. Read more at 3DPrint.com: https://3dprint.com/148637/3d-printed-house-shandong/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Hmm, two months is a long time. Round here they could put up an entire housing estate in that time - and frequently do.

It's going to have to get a lot faster before anyone looks at it as a serious option. And they will need to smooth the walls before the cement sets as well.

You could plaster it afterwards. Personally I wouldn't venture into an unset contrete house.

And yeah, two months is quite long...

I think he's too tight for a normal life .... Although if you remember how most of the citizens of this country live, then for them this is probably a completely normal house. It seems to me that I would not be able to survive in something like that, although the construction technology seems interesting to me. Perhaps this would simplify the process of constructing modern buildings, as well as improve their design. Well, seriously, if you compare modern buildings and something that was built before the 20th century, then there is a huge difference. Yes, I understand that before the magnificent buildings were built in order to show their superiority over others, but they also look cool. When I was buying myself a house, I was looking for something with old architecture. To be honest, it was very difficult to find something really good. Luckily, I ended up finding what I was looking for. I try not to change anything in it and keep its primary appearance. The only thing I replaced was railings. It was very difficult to find those that fit me, I only found them at maxima-aluminum.com. I will try to keep it looking for years to come. I hope, thanks to the technology described in the article, humanity will be able to rebuild something graceful ...
    Last edited by Varamand; 09-21-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Yes, I understand that before the magnificent buildings were built in order to show their superiority over others, but they also look cool. When I was buying myself a house, I was looking for something with old architecture