Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Student

Mommy Makeover Plastic Surgeon in Utah Needs 3d Printer Advice

Hi guys. I would like to get some info about 3d printers that could be used to show how a patient would possibly look like after a cosmetic surgery procedure . I am from a cosmetic surgery center based in Utah. We have this procedure called mommy makeover: imagine a combination of liposuction, tummy tuck, breast lift being performed at once or to learn more visit our website at http://mommymakeoverutah.com and a 3d printer would definitely be of great use beforehand.

Recently, a client came to our office. She was looking around different plastic surgery centers here in Utah and when she came to our practice, she had this 3d printed mask of her face! We were so impressed. Its like seeing a before and after even before the surgery! So, inorder to not be left behind as other plastic surgeons have already been using such technology here in Utah, we would like to know if what are the best 3d printers ie the brand or model that we could use for example, a client would like to have a nose lift, we would like to be able to 3d print the expected result and show it to her. We use the latest technologies and we would definitely want this 3d printing as part of our service.

Also, does this require hiring a certified or licensed 3d printer operator or anyone like a surgeon could do it? Currently we rely on computers to show the expected result.
    Last edited by mommymakeoverutah; 09-09-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Look into a stereo lithography machine. More maintenance, but very nice results. You could print the face at 50% size if needed. And get a local kid to show you how to use it.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    Look into a stereo lithography machine. More maintenance, but very nice results. You could print the face at 50% size if needed. And get a local kid to show you how to use it.
    Thanks. Ill do my research on stereo lithography machine.

Quote Originally Posted by mommymakeoverutah View Post
    Thanks. Ill do my research on stereo lithography machine.
    I contacted you directly through your website as the listed phone number was not functioning. Reply back if you would like to have an extended conversion on the topic.

3D Techonology Consultant
    10+ years Experience
    Solidworks/Rhino
    Geomagic Studio / Materialise Magics v20

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by sindrele View Post
    I contacted you directly through your website as the listed phone number was not functioning. Reply back if you would like to have an extended conversion on the topic.

3D Techonology Consultant
    10+ years Experience
    Solidworks/Rhino
    Geomagic Studio / Materialise Magics v20
    Sorry about that. The website is currently being updated by our webdesigner and he got the wrong phone number listed. Ive sent a reply to your email. Thanks!

Student
    Found a company. Anyone use them? MirrorMe3d

Student
    anyone used Form 1+ SLA 3D Printer before?

You will need high definition finish for the work you have in mind. Have a look at 3D Systems line of printers. Some of the best out there. Furthermore they offer the whole package i.e. scanning, design, sculpting & printing.

Staff Engineer
    I wouldn't focus on the brand of printer at this point. You need to figure out the rest of the puzzle first. You need a fairly accurate 3D scanner to record the "before" image of the patient's face, and some 3D modeling software to make the proposed changes in before worrying about how you're going to print it. Someone there will have to be delegated to doing this part of the job, unless you're planning to send your patients elsewhere for scanning. Once you've got a 3D model, you can send it out for printing; there are lots of services which will do that for you, relieving you of the necessity for purchasing, housing, operating, and maintaining a 3D printer.

I've got a Form1+, and it works pretty well, but the build volume isn't nearly enough for a full-sized face; you'd have to be content with a high-resolution but miniaturized version. Sebastian is correct about the 3D Systems line of products, though - they do have everything you'll need for this process. I'd suggest looking into the Capture scanner and Geomagic Sculpt with the Touch haptic arm, for the initial stages of scanning and sculpting. Check my site for more information about these products; we're resellers and offer discounts on all of them.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast