Close

Grad Student Writes Thesis on 3D Printing & Durability

As Frans Johansson prepared to receive his master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Blekinge Institute of Technology, he decided to write his thesis on 3D printing and durability, educating us not only on the basics of 3D printing hardware, software, and materials, but also as to how they hold up during tensile testing. He also studied layer bonding at great length as it has a lot to do with failure rate. Visual inspection of 3D printed parts was important for the project too. In conclusion, Johansson recommends that designers and engineers adjust extruder temperature, layer height and printing speed to improve layer bonding and thus, the successful outcome of durable 3D prints. Read more at 3DPrint.com: https://3dprint.com/148473/3d-printi...bility-thesis/

There have been so many changes and developments in this area over the past 4 years. I am sure that this year's thesis on this topic will be different. Anyway, thank you for sharing. I was interested in watching the development of 3D printing. By the way, I really like to read other people's theses or research papers, so thank you for publishing. In addition, I am looking for suitable content for my blog. But I can't write it myself, so I'll use a seo article writing service. However, I can share my ideas, so I study different research papers so that I can find good ideas for my blog.
    Last edited by WeEden; 05-22-2020 at 05:48 AM.