Close

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well I did it. I ordered a new diamond hotend. There are 5 filament diamond hotends out now. I only ordered the same that I used to have. 3 filament. But if I stick it this time, I might very well upgrade to the 5 filament diamond hotend. Even though that might mean acquiring 2 more titan extruders after buying 2 hemera extruders.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so when do you build the new extension to the house for the growing and evolving machines ?

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    That is another part of why I keep reworking my machines. I do not have the space in my life to build a printer farm. I used to have 4 and threw away the monoprice mini so I only have 3 machines. And it will stay that way until I find more space in my life. My current goal is to have 2 multi material machines and one good old fashioned single filament printer. This should keep my hobby relevant for a little while longer.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Ok so here is the guideline for rebuilding the Diamond Hotend: https://reprap.org/wiki/Diamond_Hotend . This clearly shows the problem I was having. This says I need a fan that is gonna move at least 18.3 cfm to cool them 3 cold ends. I promise I did not have that on my last build. Rebuilding this extruder is not really expensive but to do it right we need some different parts. So the actual Diamond hotend assembly can be had for under $15. From Ebay, or Amazon, or Biqu's website or Ali express or wherever you like. The one I got comes with 3 v6 coldends. Aside from this I have also ordered 3 Micro Swiss V6 all metal plated heatbreaks. The ones that come in the diamond hotend have ptfe liners and are really good for low temp PLA. I am done with PLA and PETG is the lowest temp I will go for a filament moving forward. Each of those heatbreaks cost $16 and the diamond hotend was 15. So I am out $63. And I am printing out an i3/reprap mount for it so that doesn't cost me anything and I might spend up to $20 on a good fan that can move enough airflow. So all in it will be or look like I spent under a cnote to set this up, but it does require 3 extruders and I will be employing 3 genuine E3D titan aeros I will print standard titan faces for to convert. I have these but if we were to include them in the price of the setup we can better understand why more don't chase this. I can't wait to get my parts. It is hard to believe how this isn't going to work out in my favor at this point.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    ...And I'm gonna use the clear PTFE tubing like I did before. You know like in this picture from years ago where we can see the filament passing through the PTFE..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Oh yes. I got parts! Well, not all parts. Like I am still waiting for an SKR pro 1.1 mainboard, a BTT 002 mainboard, 5 tmc2209 stepper drivers, a tft35 v3.0, and a MK3S clone magnetic steel heat bed assembly. I have been waiting for these items since March, now. I ordered these items directly from Biqu.Equipment and hopefully one day they will arrive. But for now the Diamond hotend has arrived. It comes with the nozzle, 3 V6 heatsinks, 3 v6 ptfe lined heatbreaks, a 6x20mm heater cartridge that is too tall for the 15mm deep hole it goes in a thermistor and a thermal blanket. I am printing the mount and fan duct and stuff for it out of PETG. I also received the 3 Micro Swiss all metal v6 heatbreaks. IMHO ptfe does not belong inside of heatbreaks. But that is just my opinion. So here is the two heatbreaks side by side. What came with the Diamond hotend and the all metal Micro Swiss parts.. Tonight I am ordering the correct size heater cartridge. 6x15mm. And also a genuine E3D thermistor cartridge.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So the last time around I used the greg wade extruders because I liked the big printed gears and also because I liked the idea of gear reduction. Over time we have all learned that 10:1 gear reduction might be a bit much and perhaps 3:1 is a better target to shoot for. So this time around I am using a trio of Titan extruders. generic to save $$$ and I am hoping for the best. Printalicious is already back to looking like it's original self.. I also drilled the temp sensor hole in the diamond hotend to 3mm so I can run a genuine E3D thermistor cartridge. I REALLY wish my parts would arrive from China. Oh how I wish we could all just go back to getting along.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I have found the fan mount and cooling fan duct I am going to use and wanted to give a shoutout to the creator and Thingiverse where I freely downloaded this awesome mount for the V6 Diamond Hotend: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3175081/files . However I am going to share some of the pictures of the extruders initial assembly over in my 32 bit rework thread to show how that rework turned out.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Oh man. This is gonna be great. I had to make or rather modify a random Geeetech i3 X carriage design I found on thingiverse to receive the Diamond Hotend fan shroud and cooling fan duct i also found on thingiverse. Everything has come out fantastic so far. I mean just look..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well finally i got the parts i ordered back in March. Now we can move forward with this project. So in the mail today i got the TFT35 V3.0 dual mode touchscreen, i got the 6 TMC2209 UART stepper drivers, and I got the clone MK52 magnetic springsteel heated bed assembly for PRUSA MK3. It is a small build plate but i am happy to have my first experience with a magnetic removeable bed..

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast