Close
Flash Forge Inventor Series

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Engineer-in-Training
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    My mate lost interest in the printer and the idea of learning 3d design software and slicing software. And just before completion with only the belts left to setup I posted it up on offer up and let go for $100. I sold it for $80. It will be a good machine, but it should not be made to print fast.

Engineer-in-Training
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    This home made printer has seen so many different configurations and extruders. I have been happy with the titan extruder I have but the hotend isn't even a v6. It is a v5 and the fan failed and I replaced it and ever since I have struggled with a heat creep issue causing filament clogs. I finally resolved this issue in a splendid if not ugly way..This is now probably the coolest running heatsink in town. But it is also too tall with the heatsink mounted in between the extruder and the hotend. It sticks down a little ways below the gantry and I know this is causing me to loose potential build height. So I need to switch the extruder one more time. I have struck out finding a mount for a titan aero and a prusa i3 that I like or feel is going to work appropriately for me so I ordered this off of ebay..And I can setup the Titan Aero with the same layer fan that I applied to my Black Widow..

This conversion is pricey because I had to buy the whole assembly to get the all metal gantry / titan aero mount, but then discard the garbage knockoff titan aero extruder and swap in all genuine e3d parts. Also I am running an e3d high precision ceramic heater cartridge just for best results. None of these upgrades are motivated one way or the other by money and all are in an effort for the best end result.

that's a serious chunk of extruder !
    what's it weigh ?

Engineer-in-Training
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    A metric ton. I should have caught on when I had to take out a loan to cover shipping costs. lol. But it is ok. This printer's frame is very sturdy. And it is going in with fiberglass reinforced gt2 belts. What is important here is that the nozzle is on plane with the bottom of the gantry And I can almost set that directly on the bed as my home. Then I can raise it to the top of the frame and enjoy the largest possible build volume.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456