Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NinjaFlex vs. FilaFlex - Any opinions?

I'm trying to decide which filament to get. I want something that is flexible, and returns to its original position when unflexed. Does anyone know what the differences are between the NinjaFlex and FilaFlex filaments? Is one better than the other? Is one different? Are they based on the same material? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    I am eager to follow this thread. I too am trying to decide. Thanks for starting the discussion.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Don't leave the PlastInk Rubber out of the mix:

http://www.plastink.com/en/rubber/product/view/2/8.html

It even seems to come in a clear version:

http://www.plastink.com/it/prodotti/...view/2/31.html

Engineer
    davo, do you have a place here in the states you are getting the plastink?

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    I got to see the NinjaFlex filament this week at the Inside 3D Printing Conference. I can't compare it to the FilaFlex, as I haven't had the chance to handle it or see it in person yet. However, I really think that the NinjaFlex filament has a good amount of potential. It is very flexible, and holds its shape extraordinarily well. Here are a few photos we took at the NinjaFlex booth this week.

This was printed using the NinjaFlex Filament

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    davo, do you have a place here in the states you are getting the plastink?
    Sorry, I don't recall how we came into possession of the material.

I have FilaFlex for sale on my website but I haven't had a chance to see NinjaFlex in person so I can't really compare the two. How about this, if someone here has access to NinjaFlex or has seen it in person and can write up a comparison I will gladly send a free sample. Otherwise if you have any specific questions about FF I can try to answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by Davo View Post
    Sorry, I don't recall how we came into possession of the material.
    It turns out the PlastInk folks sent us some samples.

I can't comment on the FilaFlex filaments, but I can comment on the NinjaFlex. This is definitely a filament that will hold it's shape after being stretched. It is nothing like the flexible PLA filaments that are on the market. The polymer chemistry is completely different.

Feel free to email me at stankulikowski@fennerdrives.com and I'll answer any questions that I can.

Stan

Engineer
    biggest problem i have heard with the ninjaflex is getting it to feed. it must be extra soft and rubbery or something. i have used the ecoflex which is the flexible pla. it feeds fantastic but you cant keep it down on the bed which stinks. i am interested to hear some feedback on filaflex or the plastink stuff. i recently had the opportunity to test some very strange material which was a heat meltable silicone. crazy stuff and was just a prototype filament. tricks to get that to feed as well but not impossible. once i got it going i had no issues. there is a fellow member on another forum i am on that has been trying to get ninjaflex to feed for 2 weeks and has still printed nothing. must be really tempermental to the extruder design.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast