Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unboxing Peachy Printer Beta Version P28

http://youtu.be/V_qTTAkZBjc

Sorry, I didnt want to show too much, an update is comming soon with some new features.
    Last edited by Compro01; 04-03-2014 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Let's slot the video directly into the post

Thanks! Now I'm dying to see some prints

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by nka View Post
    http://youtu.be/V_qTTAkZBjc

Sorry, I didnt want to show too much, an update is comming soon with some new features.
    Sebastian, many thanks for video.... very interesting. They've packed a lot of stuff in such a small package. Keep us posted.

Student
    Awesome, its really cool to see this out in the wild,

Fantastic video Sebastian but you have set the bar very high for future postings

Rob

Technologist
    Wow, tiny package! That's great, should save a bit on shipping.

I'm building it right now. Trying to improve the instructions/procedure at the same time.

Kaleb is preparing an update. You'll see more of the new features.

Staff Engineer
    They're serious about their flat-packing. It looks like that will assemble into a rather large box compared to the little metal bit in the Kickstarter video. I guess I never really got a sense of scale for the prototype Peachies in their KS updates. When you say you're improving on the instructions, how bad was it out of the bag?

Also, I notice that they sent the calibration pattern in the package rather than expecting the testers to print it themselves. Very smart as you can never really be sure how well the end-user's ink printer will be calibrated to begin with.

Engineer-in-Training
    The laser, circuit, and mirrors all fit in about a 4" x 4" cube. The plastic parts it hangs from makes the unit larger, but not much. The other parts are just an optional (but very handy) box. Really, the unit isn't much larger than the KS showed.

I have a video of my beta kit that I will share as soon as I am able.

The instructions are great! But they are in a funny format. It has been fixed, it just needs some tidying up. Some beta folks may have trouble with the wording or something, but everything has been clear to me, so far.
    Last edited by Anuvin; 04-04-2014 at 08:34 PM.

There already have many impovement to the instruction and the casing. It will be amazing !

Anuvin, you can post the calibration video you did. (Mine isnt working, so I can't).

Staff Engineer
    Well, I don't know if these are Anuvin's videos on Youtube, but I just found this one detailing the entire hardware assembly process: (Edit - I am sorry guys, but I promised I wouldn't show the build video before the next update. I talked to the team, and they are allowing me to post it here, but let's keep it under our hats and not ruin the next update for backers who don't read this forum, okay? Try not to pass the link around until the next update is live! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raQVhX4TtRo --Anuvin)
    And this one showing a calibration test: http://youtu.be/9mu7yhVVaOM

I really am impressed with the amount of design work that has gone into this already at the beta stage. The assembly taking only a little over a half an hour, even with pauses to explain each step is really a feat or engineering, considering the package is practically just raw materials.
    Last edited by Anuvin; 04-07-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast