Close

HELP! Build plate backboard hitting extruder fan

Hello hello hi,

I'm having an issue during initial setup. When the axis are homing the build plate back board, when rising, hits the extruder fan, causing the motor to jitter and require switch off as it cannot surpass this point.

Seems very strange.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PM91 View Post
    Hello hello hi,

I'm having an issue during initial setup. When the axis are homing the build plate back board, when rising, hits the extruder fan, causing the motor to jitter and require switch off as it cannot surpass this point.

Seems very strange.

Without a picture of the setup I would say it sounds like the extruder is in backwards. The two extruder fans should face toward the front of the machine.

If its the FF Dreamer I had the same issue with the side fan bracket crashing the back board over the Z axis lead screw (the black perspex with Flash Forge and logo decal). Seemed to me it was just a decoration so I took it off and no problem since

Quote Originally Posted by PM91 View Post
    Hello hello hi,

Seems very strange.

Please provide you screenshots

Thanks

As a note to why my Dreamer crashed the backboard, its to do with having changed the extruder bar out for the WMD adjustable version.
    It has the extruders offset to the rear not the front, I just realised so not a problem with the Dreamer but the upgrade part.
    http://store.wmdproducts.com/index.p...&product_id=62
    Last edited by 595; 09-17-2016 at 11:26 PM. Reason: grammer

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    That part was never designed for a Dreamer. However, it has been used on a dreamer with success. There is no way it can cause a crash as the extruder position doesn't actuate the limit switches.

Quote Originally Posted by 595 View Post
    As a note to why my Dreamer crashed the backboard, its to do with having changed the extruder bar out for the WMD adjustable version.
    It has the extruders offset to the rear not the front, I just realised so not a problem with the Dreamer but the upgrade part.
    http://store.wmdproducts.com/index.p...&product_id=62

Yep you are absolutely correct the bar doesn't make any difference I just pulled it all apart to to compare and check in fact I got it screwed up about the offset as its the same sorry, I guess I was comparing the original bar I pulled out back to front looking for the problem.
    Your upgrade bar was well worth it hands down so not intended as a criticism and you did tell me it wasn't designed for the Dreamer, just the fact I never noticed the problem before the change, so as I said about the side fan crashing the Z axis perspex cover, I removed it to stop the issue. I'll watch for someone else to solve it.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Ya not sure about the fan not fitting. I guess the distance between the xends might be a little less than the Creator pro??? I thought the Dreamers had the same fan unit.

I haven't seen a creator pro in the flesh but the photos on the FF website look the same with that FF logo Z axis cover I would think they use the same fan if its the same extruder It only hit when homing so it might be a quirk with the Dreamer. I cant see it hurting running with that cover off. If it really needs to be there I suppose I could print an offset version.