Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar

So what happened to deltas ?

year or so back deltas were the new way to print. There were big ones, small ones and cheap ones. Ones big enough to print an ali-**** urn and ones small enough to balance on your head.
    Commercial ones, emclosed ones.

Now they seem to have more or less disappeared, lot of kits around. But no company seems to be making fully built ones any more.

So what happened ?

Okay, what's wrong with b a b a ? That's what the asterixes should say. In what language is that a rude word ? and what does it mean - 'cos it's a new one on me.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Beats me - on both counts.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    year or so back deltas were the new way to print. There were big ones, small ones and cheap ones. Ones big enough to print an ali-**** urn and ones small enough to balance on your head.
    Commercial ones, emclosed ones.

Now they seem to have more or less disappeared, lot of kits around. But no company seems to be making fully built ones any more.

So what happened ?

Okay, what's wrong with b a b a ? That's what the asterixes should say. In what language is that a rude word ? and what does it mean - 'cos it's a new one on me.
    express

That works

Engineer-in-Training
    seemecnc, eris, orion, hatchbox, that newer company that makes a giant industrial one with screw extruders instead of using filament, (some female name that I forget) "deltaprinter", joren, geeetech...

there's a shedload of prebuilt units that require... some assembly, but given the size of them and empty space wasted in the packaging it's rare to see one that needs no assembly at all. They are prebuilt in the sense that you only need to put a few bits together out of the box.

There are lots of them out there on the market.

I think though that they're not terribly complex to assemble compared to a corexy or even a prusa (mostly to do with belt tension and stuff I would think) so most companies just sell the kits.

Engineer-in-Training

wasn't saying there aren't any - just that they seem to have dropped out of news, advertising, any kind of launch etc.

Every week we get at least two new corexeys hit the market - but when was the last announcement of a new delta ?

I have noticed this too.

On a side note: deltas always seemed really fragile to me.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    wasn't saying there aren't any - just that they seem to have dropped out of news, advertising, any kind of launch etc.

Every week we get at least two new corexeys hit the market - but when was the last announcement of a new delta ?
    Then you should say that, instead of:

But no company seems to be making fully built ones any more.
    Because lots of companies make them lol

yes i tend to forget the terminally literal.

Engineer-in-Training
    Turns out words mean specific things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast