Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
    How about the Leafly 3D Cannibis Printer that is now available: http://www.leafly.com/news/products/...nnabis-printer

These are selling like hot cakes at Walmart in Denver, Colorado!

OME

Stratasys Goes Open-Source

Yesterday additive manufacturing giant Stratasys shocked the 3d printing community by going Open-source.

Stratasys announce this news via company website and one of the bestselling models of their 3d printer collective: Connex 500 will be the first machine to be completely open-source. Apparently this action had taken after failure of engaging more with the maker community through acquiring MakerBot last year, company CEO David Reis told 3dprint.com: “It is highly unlikely to expect someone manufacture our products regarding to the fact that almost all of our technologies are patent protected and we using sophisticated methods to produce parts and materials required for our machines but with online documentation of our 3d printers we will thrift substantially on our company’s resources and improve our customer services at the same time since most of the reported issues of our printers can be fixed easily by the customers if they have access to the information they need ” according to Stratasys website there will be an active forum as well to construct a community to help users in need. We also asked David Reis that what will be next Stratasys 3d printer would be to go open-source? And he replied: “the first phase of us going open-source will be the Connex family and we will see what will happen from there”.

It appears the open source community is winning the war against “The Man” and even giant like Stratasys decides that if you can’t beat them join them. maybe they want to show how they machines work to attract the enthusiastic and even fish for some interesting user made upgrades.
    If you like to take a look at the online documentation you can check it out Here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pooya; 03-25-2015 at 10:00 PM. Reason: LOOKS BETTER THIS WAY

Engineer
    Lol connex going OS.... nice one.

Follow john3322 On Twitter Add john3322 on Facebook Add john3322 on Google+
    Hey,

I am John and i am new here in these forum. I didn't found the forum rules. Please provide me the exact path so i can read the rules.

the sandwich is realistic it can be the perfect Apri`s fool`s joke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12