Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Follow RP Iron Man On Twitter Add RP Iron Man on Facebook Add RP Iron Man on Google+ Add RP Iron Man on Thingiverse
    Hey Guys,

We are now well past the funding goal. Thanks so much to all of the supporters!

I have received a lot of input about possible stretch goals and I am currently weighing all of my options. Just so you guys know, I plan on offering BOTH 0.25mm and 0.6mm nozzles in the future, but I am just trying to get an idea of what people are more interested in.

I have also been asked about offering a bowden integrated heat sink. I realized that this is an important feature that many people would appreciate so I am working on a solution for this. I will likely offer an option of bowden or standard heat sink for all supporters before I start shipping. The bowden hot ends may ship a few weeks later than the standard hot ends. Anyway, I will be sure to let everyone know once I have all of the details sorted.

Let's keep this campaign going!

Happy printing :-)

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by RP Iron Man View Post
    Hey Guys,

We are now well past the funding goal. Thanks so much to all of the supporters!

I have received a lot of input about possible stretch goals and I am currently weighing all of my options. Just so you guys know, I plan on offering BOTH 0.25mm and 0.6mm nozzles in the future, but I am just trying to get an idea of what people are more interested in.

I have also been asked about offering a bowden integrated heat sink. I realized that this is an important feature that many people would appreciate so I am working on a solution for this. I will likely offer an option of bowden or standard heat sink for all supporters before I start shipping. The bowden hot ends may ship a few weeks later than the standard hot ends. Anyway, I will be sure to let everyone know once I have all of the details sorted.

Let's keep this campaign going!

Eric

Wishing ye luck on your campagne and your sales later on,

I personaly if i buy a new hotend i would look for a 0.25 and 0.5, So i can get both worlds, But not overkill as roundness of hooks go(0.6).
    That or a single head of 0.4.

Of course thats up to you to decide, Just saying what i would personaly prefer.

Follow RP Iron Man On Twitter Add RP Iron Man on Facebook Add RP Iron Man on Google+ Add RP Iron Man on Thingiverse
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all of the ongoing support. The campaign is now over 140% funded!

A few updates for you all. I have slowly been receiving more of the parts for the Prometheus Kits. The small cooling fans and metric hardware just arrived and there are other parts on the way!

I have also been sorting out the stretch goals. I really want to offer both the 0.6mm and 0.25mm nozzle sizes, but in order to do so I need to have enough demand. For now I think it is better to offer the 0.6mm nozzle size as the first stretch goal. I understand that many of you were more interested in the 0.25mm nozzle size. However, the 0.25mm nozzle will require more testing due to the higher extrusion force so I think it is a better idea to start with a more user friendly nozzle size. A 0.6mm nozzle size will also allow you guys to print with Taulman T-Glase!

I am setting the stretch goal for the 0.6mm nozzle at $8000. We are half way through the campaign with $4300 funded so I think this is doable. I understand that this stretch goal is still a bit high, but this is the funding that I would require to be able to offer the 0.6mm nozzle in this campaign. Even if we don't meet this stretch goal I will still be offering BOTH the 0.6mm nozzle and the 0.25mm nozzle sizes soon after the campaign, so don't worry! Meeting this stretch goal will simply allow me to offer these extra nozzle sizes sooner :-)

Let's keep this campaign going so we can meet the stretch goal. Remember to spread the word as far as you can!

Happy printing!

Eric

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much to everyone for the continued support. The campaign is now 180% funded!

Just a few updates. It looks like the Early bird perks are running out with just two Prometheus 1.75mm Early Bird perks remaining!

Many people were asking about bowden integration and I have been working on a solution for this. At this point, I need a bit of info from all of you about your bowden needs! I am asking that you please take a few moments to post your preference of "bowden" or "standard" hot end in the comments. For the bowden hot end you will need a specific pneumatic coupler that fits into the heat sink. I am using the same modified John Guest couplers that E3D uses so if you already have a few then you are good to go. Later on I will add these couplers as add-on perks that will ship with your hot end. I will need to know if you need just one coupler for the heat sink, or if you want to order a pair of them. I also need to know if you need PTFE bowden tubing with your order. I will add these as optional add-on perks later but I just want an idea of what everyone needs now.

TL/DR: You need to post a comment on the campaign page: indicate whether you ordered "1.75mm" version or "3mm" version and post "bowden" or "standard". If "bowden": post "one coupler", "two couplers", or any required number of couplers, etc... If you need bowden tubing: post "750mm bowden tubing", "1000mm bowden tubing", or any required length, etc...

Thanks everyone! Let's keep this campaign moving!

Happy printing

Eric

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all of your feedback and support. The campaign is now over 200% Funded!

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have finished sorting out the details for bowden integration. Since I do not have the quantity demand to make two different versions I decided to make all of the Prometheus Hot Ends bowden compatible. I made some minor changes to the heat sink design that allows Prometheus to be used in both standard and bowden configurations. I also managed to adjust a few other dimensions to eliminate mounting issues with some printers.

- Robo3d Users: Don't worry about printing a modified x-carriage if you own a Robo 3D printer! I adjusted the mounting dimensions so that Prometheus will be a drop in replacement for your old hot end.

- Bowden Users: If you want to use Prometheus in a bowden configuration then simply add your required bowden couplers/tube length to your contribution. I added extra perks for these add-ons so please visit the campaign page and select the perks that you require. Please do this as soon as you can as the campaign ends in 11 days!

- Shipping Date: Due to these design changes the shipping date will be a little later than initially expected. The revised Prometheus Hot Ends are now in production and should be complete by mid-June. I can realistically expect to start shipping by late June so you guys will start receiving your perks by early July. I apologize for this delay but I hope you guys can understand. I am trying to satisfy everyone's needs with these last minute mods!

*Remember to select your required bowden coupler/tubing add-on perks before the end of the campaign!

We only have 11 days left so let's keep this campaign moving!

Happy printing

Eric

Hey Everyone,

Thanks so much to all who have supported this campaign!

Tomorrow is the last day of the campaign and I have now raised $7000. I am very thankful for the incredible support I have received from the community and I am really excited to bring Prometheus into existence!

I am confident that Prometheus will make many printers very happy and I can't wait to start shipping! The production is well under way and I will be sure to keep you all informed of the progress right up until delivery.

If you are interested in using Prometheus in a bowden configuration remember to select your required couplers and tubing add-on perks before the end of the campaign! There is only 1 day left so please add your couplers and tubing as soon as you can!

Once again, thanks so much to everyone for all of the support. This project was made possible by your contributions so you are all responsible for making Prometheus a reality!

Prometheus will be available for pre-order on my website after the campaign but you can contribute to this campaign now (If you haven't done so already) to take advantage of the free shipping!

I keep you all updated!

Eric

Hey Everyone,

There are only a few hours left in the campaign!

If you are interested in using Prometheus in a bowden configuration please select your required couplers and tubing add-on perks before the end of the campaign!

Thanks,
    Eric

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick update. My online store is now up and running! You can check it out at http://www.dta-labs.com. If there is anyone who did not get a chance to contribute during the campaign, you can now pre-order the Prometheus Hot End through my website.

The Indiegogo Campaign production run is well underway and I have already received all of the bowden couplers and PTFE tubing. I am now working on getting all of the orders organized. If there is anyone who contributed during the campaign but forgot to add their bowden coupler and tubing requirements, please let me know! I would like to sort this out asap.

Once again, thanks so much to everyone who supported this project!

Happy Printing

Eric

Hey Everyone,

I am really sorry about the lack of updates these past few weeks! I have been really busy but things have been coming along.

Most of the machined parts are finished, but the 1-Piece Stainless Steel Nozzles are still in production. These parts are taking longer than expected because they require some really tricky machining. At this point, the Nozzles are approaching completion and I am preparing the orders.

I am really excited to start shipping these hot ends to all you guys. Since the Nozzles are taking longer than expected, it looks like shipping will be pushed back a few weeks. I will try to be realistic and say that I will likely start shipping by the end of July. I would really like to send out these hot ends as soon as possible, but I want to make sure all of the parts are properly machined and inspected before they are sent out. I hope you all can understand this.

Since we are getting closer to shipping, I want to remind anyone who has yet to specify their bowden coupler/tubing needs. If there is anyone who contributed during the campaign but forgot to add their bowden coupler and tubing requirements, please let me know! I would like to sort this out before I start shipping.

Just a reminder, my online store is now up and running! You can check it out at http://www.dta-labs.com. If there is anyone who did not get a chance to contribute during the campaign, you can now pre-order the Prometheus Hot End through my website.

Once again, thanks so much to everyone who supported this project! I am going to try to update more frequently so that we are all on the same page. I really appreciate your help in making my idea a reality and I can't wait to release Prometheus!

Happy Printing

Thanks.

Eric

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123