Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar

Anyone used esun petg ?

Just noticed it's about half the price of the colorfabb petg.
    Wondered if it was any good ?

Heck, I've used it almost exclusively for a long time now. Never a problem with it in any color...

Engineer-in-Training
    Will have to keep this in mind. I have some slightly cheaper Inland PETG that I haven't had time to try out yet, so far I liked the eSun PLA sample that I tried. I got the 12 color pack of their stuff to test out. Certainly seemed better than the crap I previously bought.

Engineer-in-Training
    I have used ESUN PETG for a while. Best settings on my PowerSpec Ultra 3D printer with all-metal extruders, BuildTak, and Simplify3D:

Extruder Temp: 230
    Heated Bed Temp: 80
    Infill: 50% (100% for gears) (Poor bridging below 50%)
    Outline Overlap: 25%
    Cooling fan on after layer 2
    Printing Speed: 60 mm/s

cheers - I'll get a roll.
    And compare it with the colorfabb.

My only experience with esun filament has been 100% negative. Got 2 rolls with the knp, the white is hands down the worst filament I've ever seen. just breaks every few minutes, never managed to complete a print with it.
    And the black was the worst black pla I've tried, stringy, blobby - just plain nasty.
    So was a bit reluctant to just buy any esun without asking :-)

But for £26.40 a kg delivered - it's less than half the price of colorfabb for a larger roll. colorfabb xt is only 750gms.

Looks like it's either white or black lol
    I'll try the white. Be interesting to see if the colourant effects it the same way it does abs and pla.

Right, it's on it's way :-)

For anyone in the uk I've bought it from ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/eSUN-3D-Pr...dYgikaRjKhZ8mw

If the properties are anywhere near as good as the colorfabb stuff, I could be shifting permanently to petg. It's even food contact (that's CONTACT) safe. As well as being nearly as stiff as pla abd more flexible and tougher than abs, plus prints really really clean and sharp with no perceivable shrinkage.
    And if it's cheap as well - why use anything else :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-04-2016 at 06:00 AM.

lmao - well just spotted the same thing on amazon for £3.50 less with next day delivery on my prime. wonder if I can cancel the ebay order - brb...
    nah - oh well we live and learn :-)

And on further examination it's 3mm anyway. seems the 3mm petg is noticeably cheaper than the 1.75. weird.

so now I'm looking around on 3dfilaprint.com and i find Reprapper tech ltd petg for £22 a kg ! Yes that is delivered.

I have yet to have a single duff filament from reprapper tech.

currently printing trolley release keys - cos I give a lot away - at lower and lower temps to find the sweet spot for the xt.

weirdly they recommend printing lower temps at faster speeds.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-04-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    I'll have to give Reprapper a go, after several brands and complete dissatisfaction from the ones I've had from Amazon, including eSun, I've switched to 3DFilaPrint for as much of my filament as possible.

Great service, fast delivery, nice people and everything I've had from them has been top notch quality. Admittedly I've switched to Biome3D for a lot of my prints, the ones it's suitable for at least and I absolutely love that stuff. Yet to have a single issue with it.

But I like to keep some PetG on hand because there are times when Biome3D isn't quite suitable.

Well there's a pointless post for the day

I had used some PLA filaments with my delta,until now no problem

reprapper tech actually make the 3dfilaprint 'own brand'.

Just wish they'd stock their metal infused filaments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast