Close

Makerbot replicator 2 screen reset/flashing

My makerbot replicator 2 4th generation's screen doesn't seem to be working. When powered on, it displays the model and appropriate info. Then it loads the menu screen and then it seems to reset once every second continuously. I tried taking out the SD card and it seems to double the rate at which it flashes. I tried removing the LCD and replacing it, but it does the same thing so I suspect a power problem that's causing it to reset ittself. The module is unresponsive to any input from keypad buttons.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks, Kevin

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    sounds like one of the buttons has gone. Get this every now and then on laptops and even on a kindle fire (one part of the screen was convinced it was being repeatedly touched).

Try disconnecting the keypad, if it's a dodgy key then that should at least let you use the printer via usb while you get a replacement keypad.

If that doesn't work - check all the power connections to the motherboard. one could have worked looses. But sounds more like stuck keypad key to me.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    sounds like one of the buttons has gone. Get this every now and then on laptops and even on a kindle fire (one part of the screen was convinced it was being repeatedly touched).

Try disconnecting the keypad, if it's a dodgy key then that should at least let you use the printer via usb while you get a replacement keypad.

If that doesn't work - check all the power connections to the motherboard. one could have worked looses. But sounds more like stuck keypad key to me.
    I tried unplugging the screen, but that didn't fix the problem. I tried plugging the printer into my computer via USB, but the following showed up: "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Driver Failure"
    I attempted to "find a new driver", but my computer said the best driver is already installed.