Close

Student

SWAP? My SeeMeCNC Rostock Max V2 (latest 2016) for your CEL Robox??

I just thought I'd try my luck on here first. the plan is to flog this beast, and buy a CEL Robox - but rather than lose money, I wondered if anyone wanted to go the other way and upsize?

I'm printing mechanical parts and designs for testing and research so I need a printer that can handle exotic materials (so needs a heated bed, and a 240+ nozzle, thus ruling out many of the little enclosed machines)

I've got this enormous monster of a machine and to be honest I never use it and when I do, I never make use of its size. I like the idea of having one but I think what I really want is something like a CEL Robox, an enclosed user friendly machine that the missus or kids can just have a go on. This doesn't take much to get going, but there are lots of rules and procedures (pre heat, clean glass, apply glue, set 0 if the glass has been off or its been stood a while or nozzles have been changed) in reality this is just 60 seconds, but it all needs to be done right.

This is the latest version, it comes with the extended beefier effector arms and ball joints, as well as the injection molded spring loaded carriers (they dont ever require adjustment where as the old ones were a bit of pain!) It comes with 2 0.5 nozzles (both lightly used) and a 0.35, a 0.7 (both used a couple of times) and a blank if you want to make something else (paste/cermaic/clay/food)

I'm struggling to get pictures to upload, but there are plenty online and I can email anything to anyone interested. The machine has done under 4 days continuous printing (its showing 3 1/4 but I flashed the firmware a couple of times in the early days when making little refinements)
    Last edited by Russ; 07-31-2016 at 06:13 PM.

Student
    123 - image upload test....

probably not working....