Close

Engineer-in-Training

How to get spare parts for 3D printers?

While taking apart the hotends on my PowerSpec Ultra 3D printer (Flashforge Dreamer clone) to clean a plugged-up metal tube that goes on top of the heating block and goes into the hole in the mounting block, I lost one of the plastic spacers that go between the heatsinks and the fans in front of the servo motors. I thought I have extra parts but I can't find them. How can I get spare parts for my printer? I also replaced the nozzles with new ones because one of the was plugged-up. I found out from the Internet that I have to use a torch to burn out the plastic. I don't have a torch.

I would say get in touch with flashforge and ask them if they can send you the piece you need.

Engineer-in-Training
    I wish that the screws for securing the metal hotend tubes to the mounting bar are in front instead of in back.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Torch ?
    Nope, totally unnecessary.

why not just heat the nozzle to 250 and poke the crap out with a guitar string ?

Then poke some filament through and pull it out - usually brings the crap out with it, a few pokes and removes should clean it.

Engineer-in-Training
    I contacted FlashForge about plastic spacers and they told me to contact a hardware store. What kind of plastic filament do I need if I want to print spacers?