Close

Technician

re-homing Y axis

I've been running three FF Creators for several years now, but yesterday I caused a problem for the first time that I'm not certain how to fix. I was doing some routine work on one of my creators and re-installed the glass bed and then went to re-level it. I had forgotten to lower my print bed sufficiently after re-assembly and as the machine tried to start the leveling process the print head got caught on the back right corner of the glass bed and just sat there and chattered loudly. Fortunately I was right there and was able to shut it off immediately.

After lowering the bed properly and trying again, everything seemed to be fine...except that now the Y axis is all screwed up and it wants to start printing about 20 mm towards the back of the machine instead of the front edge like it used to. X axis seems fine. I know there are some settings in the machine for adjusting the X and Y axis, but I wanted to check here first to make sure I don't screw things up worse than they already are.

Technician
    I'm guessing I must have caused myself a fairly uncommon problem? I played around the "offset" settings in the printer last night and none of them seem to do anything to adjust the starting point of the Y Axis. No matter what I do, it insists on starting the Y Axis back about 20 mm from where it should be. The only way I've found to get it on track is once I start a print, and the extruder assembly moves to its "start" position at the front left of the machine (with the Y Axis off from where it should be), I gave a tug to extruder and manually pulled it in to its proper Y position. When I do that, it will start and run the rest of the print properly. But clearly I can't be doing that every time, nor do I imagine it's good for the printer. Might need to e-mail tech support.

Hello,
    having a similiar issue myself. Beside the fact it is my x-Axis which is off.
    The result is the Printer moving to its starting coordinates - which are in my case in the right front - heating plattform and extruder up, but instead of starting the print and moving towards the printing bed it moves to the right until it hits the End-Up switch. (And wants to go further)
    What have i already done:
    -Played with the x-Axis Offset->No effect
    -Losened the screws clamping the belt to the carrier and starting a print.
    ->The Belt gets pulled a long time, say 5mins, to the right then changing direction and starting the print.

So i guess its the starting point of the X-Axis wich is totally off bounds and doesn't got a reset by touching the End-Up-Switch.
    Can someone please help?

Moderator note: Post is late to view due to unexpected delay in obtaining moderator approval
    Last edited by printbus; 10-05-2016 at 06:43 PM.