Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Follow 3dex ltd On Twitter Add 3dex ltd on Facebook
    I would echo what has been said above. However, I would also suggest cleaning the print bed. This can be done with water. It has really helped us out a lot!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so lets get this straight.
    you put blue tape on, heat the bed and then take the tape off ?

Why not simply use a glue stick ?
    Much cheaper than the tape and by the sound of it you've made the bed uneven with the tape and cleaning gig anyway.

I did try glass, but to be honest you're not printing directly on the glass, so any flat surface will do.

Currently I've for a 3mm aluminium plate on top of the original warped plate - local aluminium engineering firm made it for me (clients of mine). If you had to buy one it would only be a few dollars.

On top of my aluminium I have a sheet of printbite.
    Highly recommended as long as you're not using certain filament types - list on page 3 in this thread: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ntbite-surface

great for pla & petg

Student
    Yes I am using the Blue tape form a prior forum thread donated by an unknown at this point
    Never heard of glue stick being used - Is there a particular brand you have found successful?
    Do you preheat and apply glue stick or cold apply and let the plate preheat though the print process?
    There are all kinds of Alum. did you get a particular type?

Student
    To ejcruz Fr Les I am curious, what is the consequence of changing the filament size on the setting? Does it change the feed rate or other setting related to dia. I checked several places on Hatchbox White and it was 1.75 but say I change it to 1.74 or 1.76 on the settings what would happen?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    To ejcruz Fr Les I am curious, what is the consequence of changing the filament size on the setting? Does it change the feed rate or other setting related to dia. I checked several places on Hatchbox White and it was 1.75 but say I change it to 1.74 or 1.76 on the settings what would happen?
    Yes, the feed rate is effected, correct filament diameter will also give you improved printing quality especially when you need to do precision printing such as printing a 10 mm cylinder to fit into a 10.1 mm hole. If your not concern with precision then adjusting diameter +/- 0.01 won't make much difference.

Student
    EJ...Thnx for your knowledge - I have a lot to learn. Les

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12