Close

Cool Want a printer with ultra-high resolution and large build volume

Hello, guys. I am planing to build a professional 3D printing system. I need ultrahigh resolution, say several micron or even sub-micron, and large build volume, as in cm scale. I found the OWL MC-2 is good for me, but I can never reach their service via phone call. Do you guys know any another commercial printer or customized service to setup a system as I want? No budget limit.

By the way, I need a printer for plastics, so a SLA printer would be better for me? Any other options?

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by kevin18ma; 07-20-2016 at 10:52 PM.

well how large of a build are you thinking?

For quality i would say look for a DLP printer which is basically an SLA printer but with something called a DMD which improves the resolution and speed. Jewelers use this to make customized jewelry which of cores has to be extremely detailed and high quality. If you want a bit more details about this just go to http://3duality.com/all-types-of-3d-printers/#3_Digital_Light_Processing_DLP

And yes DLP printers do have plastic as a printing material choice

Student
    Follow Fusion3 3D Printers On Twitter
    Define what you mean by ultra-high resolution? My first thought is the Fusion3 F400 (www.fusion3design.com), but not sure if you're looking to print quality beyond what FDM can provide

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    No budget limit.
    you probably need to qualify that. Could you, for example stretch to a connex objet full colour multimaterial in the 100's of thousands of dollar range ?
    ALso define size. you say in the cm range - 10's or 100's ?

The owl looks pretty standard sla.
    This quote makes me laugh:
    , feature 250 times the resolution of other 3D printers on the market today (according to the company). On top of this, the company claims that their machines are faster than most printers in their class when it comes to print speed per resolution.
    They claim their printer is in a class on it's own for resolution - then claims it's the fastest in it's class - well, it would have to be seeing as it's the ONLY one in that class.

build volume is 15x15x15 cm - so not large. but the resolution claimed is 1 micron 0.001 mm

But I guess a company who won't talk to new customers is no real use.

Honestly I can't think of anyone else who's claiming anything close to that resolution.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-27-2016 at 11:43 AM.