Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

MakerBot's Thingiverse Launches iOS App

In yet another move taking 3D Printing to another level, and into the mainstream, Makerbot's 3D Model site Thingiverse has just launched an iOS application. Athough the app doesn't do too much more than the website, it does have some picture taking features built in and certainly makes exploring and sharing on the site much easier than simply going to Thingiverse in your iOS browser. There is no word when an Android version may become available.

More details here:
    http://www.3ders.org//articles/20131...t-ios-app.html

Well if it was a app that actualy also converted the STL to Gcode and sent it to your printer, then i would be excited :P

Oh well its Makerbot, they would only make it work with Replicators anyhow and not Reprap :P

It did make it look more User friendly on a phone tho.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Windows Phones are always on the bottom of the list for apps...

Every time someone says "You know, they have an app that makes doing that easier, right?", I die a little inside...

I don't have any apps on my phone...

Banned
    LOL, get an iPhone or Android than

Back on topic. I tried the thingiverse app. Kinda cool. I'm sure they will enhance it in the near future. Remember Thingiverse is owned by Stratasys which is the largest 3D Printing company on Earth, based on market cap.