Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hello from FLASHFORGE USA

Hello guys,

You probably would know about our brand FLASHFORGE if you are reading this forum and we would like to welcome those who are researching their next 3D printer. FLASHFORGE USA has now been established and serving all the FLASHFORGE supporters for a while now.

We are located in City of Industry (Los Angeles area) with full stock of FLASHFORGE products including printers, filament, and parts.

To support users in this forum, we are offering a 10% coupon code at checkout. Please use coupon code "CreatorX" during checkout to take advantage a 10% off for your whole order! That includes our award winning FLASHFORGE Creator, new release Creator X, filament, and parts.

We hope to bring 3D printing to everyone. See you all around!

Peter
    www.flashforge-usa.com

Hi Peter,

Can you address the serious FF black ABS filament problem? Are the other filaments of better quality? The white ABS spool that came with my printer seems to work quite well. I ordered a FF black spool from go-3dprint.com and it was horrible. I created another thread on the topic.

Hello ixlr8,

Sent ya a PM, please check it.

Thanks,
    Peter

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter@FFUSA View Post
    Hello ixlr8,

Sent ya a PM, please check it.

Thanks,
    Peter
    Hi Peter, since this is an issue that affects pretty much all of us, can you please note possible solutions publicly ? thanks in advance.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Hi Peter. I think this post should have been started in the Marketplace/Promotion sections but I'll leave it here for now as Geoff and others are expecting some public solutions to the black ABS issues they have. If the thread doesn't continue further I may move it over next week. Just housekeeping...
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Hi Peter, since this is an issue that affects pretty much all of us, can you please note possible solutions publicly ? thanks in advance.
    Hi there Geoff!

I apologize that you are experiencing issues with our black ABS filament. Black is one of the most popular colors (my favorite along with translucent blue), and I totally understand how nice it would be if these filaments would just extrude properly.

FLASHFORGE has very strict quality standards that its products must meet at the manufacturing facility, and filaments are tested before they are rolled onto spools. In addition to that, once our U.S. distribution center receives the shipment, filaments are randomly picked where it has to pass a checklist as well as successfully printing a sample object.

When I looked at the sample we printed with ABS black back on March 3rd, the object came out pretty good at 200 resolution. The ABS black that you received might have just been a bad batch that "crept" through our test. Since the ABS filament is included along with our 3D printers, we do not go through the second test here at our U.S. location. But this issue is quite common among other manufacturers. Since you guys have started a thread about it, I will not go into the troubleshooting stage with you guys again. What I can recommend is trying other brands and sticking with that brand once you've had success with it. For my 3D printer at home, I use BuMat black ABS. BuMat is our own in-house brand here in the U.S., and so far I’m pretty satisfied with it.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Hi Peter. I think this post should have been started in the Marketplace/Promotion sections but I'll leave it here for now as Geoff and others are expecting some public solutions to the black ABS issues they have. If the thread doesn't continue further I may move it over next week. Just housekeeping...
    Hi Rob,

Sure thing!

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter@FFUSA View Post
    Hi there Geoff!

I apologize that you are experiencing issues with our black ABS filament. Black is one of the most popular colors (my favorite along with translucent blue), and I totally understand how nice it would be if these filaments would just extrude properly.

FLASHFORGE has very strict quality standards that its products must meet at the manufacturing facility, and filaments are tested before they are rolled onto spools. In addition to that, once our U.S. distribution center receives the shipment, filaments are randomly picked where it has to pass a checklist as well as successfully printing a sample object.

When I looked at the sample we printed with ABS black back on March 3rd, the object came out pretty good at 200 resolution. The ABS black that you received might have just been a bad batch that "crept" through our test. Since the ABS filament is included along with our 3D printers, we do not go through the second test here at our U.S. location. But this issue is quite common among other manufacturers. Since you guys have started a thread about it, I will not go into the troubleshooting stage with you guys again. What I can recommend is trying other brands and sticking with that brand once you've had success with it. For my 3D printer at home, I use BuMat black ABS. BuMat is our own in-house brand here in the U.S., and so far I’m pretty satisfied with it.

Edit:

Hi Rob,

Sure thing!
    Thanks Pete, but it doesn't solve the issue of a completely unusable 1kg roll of Black ABS I bought directly from flashforge. Any suggestions on what to do with it? sending it back to china will cost more than the roll did.

Let me load it on a spool and print a test object, then I'll use CNCBilbys filament and show you the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Thanks Pete, but it doesn't solve the issue of a completely unusable 1kg roll of Black ABS I bought directly from flashforge. Any suggestions on what to do with it? sending it back to china will cost more than the roll did.

Let me load it on a spool and print a test object, then I'll use CNCBilbys filament and show you the comparison.

Hi Geoff,

If you've had a chance to print the two for comparison, please send them over to me at peterhsiao@flashforge-usa.com, and I'll see what I can do for you.

I never even finished a print with the stuff, I stopped it because it was goopy and awful. I knew the part quality would be horrible.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
    I never even finished a print with the stuff, I stopped it because it was goopy and awful. I knew the part quality would be horrible.
    That's my problem. I can't even give Pete a comparison shot because the filament almost rebounds off itself.. it really is wierd stuff. Im going to keep messing with it today and see if I can get any objects to print with it.

Sorry if I sound shitty, I ruined a nozzle using this stuff, as it is im on my second extruder set. it's really frustrating to try and print with -it comes out like a weak stringy craggly wierd plastic.
    Last edited by Geoff; 04-09-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast