Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post

Just out of curiosity - If i'm looking for spare nozzles on ebay - what should i look for ?
    Bought a .5 for a few quid. But the hole is too small for the clear tube.
    Any watch words or description I should be looking for ?
    This guy in Italy seems to have prices right!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESTRUSORE-ST...item4d2274ba47

what model FF do you have, if it is after May 2014 the extruder nozzle changed to better accomodate PLA

TONS o Problems with the FlashForge And they are no help!

So I have had some issues as well with the Black ABS, but I thought it was just me. Glad Its not. Now I also have other major issues, that I think the way flashforge handled it was wrong.

My build plate was warped when I received it, and It got severely warped over the next 10 print jobs after I set it up. I contacted them and got "Yes, its a known issue with those printers, you need to buy a glass build plate and hardware to mount it". So they want you to spend MORE ontop of the 1 grand already spent on this.

Then ontop of that now I have random disconnects from usb, and when it happens I get tons of ASCII characters allover the LCD of the printer. I thought it could be a USB driver or whatever, so I disconnected the USB. Printed from SD Card, and guess what, same issue. Tried several other SD Cards same issue. I contacted them on this matter too and got no where.

Now after having the printer for a week, I have only printed successfully replacement nuts for the spool holder and a few other parts that I planned on adding like bearing brackets for Y axis and Z axis. Have not installed them thought because I cant get anything else to print correctly. I tried to print a layer cooling fan (the active fan) and it messes it up constantly everytime It gets to the ears for mounting to the extruder carrier. I have printed out the other parts I needed on my prusa i3 and installed the fan on the flashforge, but still will not print correctly.

All the prints warp badly from the plate, EVEN PLA. Using glue and heating th ebed from anywhere from 45 upto 75. Still peels up the edges and makes the prints terrible.

I wish I never bought this printer. My Prusa I custom built is more reliable, it just doesn't print as clean as this one did the first 3 print jobs.

Flashforge states that "its out of our realm of support"

I have the FlashForge Creator X (That's what the first screen says,, then the second screen says Pro, and yes these are displayed on the LCD of the printer) But Mine is the wooden one so its just the Creator.

I have emailed several times to flashforge and get vague answers or nothing that pertains to what I asked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
    Hi Peter,

Can you address the serious FF black ABS filament problem? Are the other filaments of better quality? The white ABS spool that came with my printer seems to work quite well. I ordered a FF black spool from go-3dprint.com and it was horrible. I created another thread on the topic.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    You guys might try PET filament instead of ABS. It prints at a little higher temperature (240-250C or so) but not so high that it would be out of range for your hotend I'm guessing. I don't have a Flashforge (I have a Makerfarm thats heavily modified) but I've almost completely switched from ABS to PET. PET sticks very well to a warm bed (around 50-60C), does not have any odor, and does not warp at all. It comes in colors too. You can't smooth it in Acetone like ABS but I find that I hardly ever smooth anything. If you need smoothing, it can be done but do your research because the chemical used is much more toxic than Acetone.

PET sticks so well that I'm guessing it might also solve your warped bed issues.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234