Close



Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104
  1. #91
    FFCP Noob here...is the FFCP 2015 version/model affected as well by the dragging problem? I printed a large bathtub model a week ago and it came out pretty ok me thinks:

    WP_20160207_19_00_57_Pro.jpg

  2. #92
    Student Horia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    37
    Add Horia on Facebook
    Any info about how to troubleshoot the head height difference with the new FFCP?

  3. #93
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    91
    For the last little adjustment, it is waaay easier to use a shim between the cooling bar and the carriage than to mess with the set screw and the heatbreak tube.

  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by warkmal View Post
    For the last little adjustment, it is waaay easier to use a shim between the cooling bar and the carriage than to mess with the set screw and the heatbreak tube.

    Could you you show me a pic of what your talking about? Do you mean to insert very thin shims where the cooling bar is clamped to the carriage to essentially offset the height of whatever nozzle is lower?

  5. #95
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Grindeddown View Post
    Could you you show me a pic of what your talking about? Do you mean to insert very thin shims where the cooling bar is clamped to the carriage to essentially offset the height of whatever nozzle is lower?
    Rich Webb posted a pretty diagram here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/flas...4/c9IABy6eBQAJ

    However, when you get there be sure to expand the message, Google hid the image below the fold. You do this my clicking on the little dashed message below his post.

  6. #96
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    91
    By the way, I prefer to use thick silicon baking mat cut down to fit. I put one on both sides so I can adjust the height by compressing the silicon more or less by tightening the bolts.

  7. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by warkmal View Post
    By the way, I prefer to use thick silicon baking mat cut down to fit. I put one on both sides so I can adjust the height by compressing the silicon more or less by tightening the bolts.
    The mats sound like a pretty good idea to adjust on the fly if needed for whatever reason. Does it introduce any additional slop into the machine though by having a pliable material in there?

    i know it seems contradictory, but I wonder if very thin sheets of silicon matting in properly placed sections could act as dampeners and reduce things like corner ringing or if it would make it worse..... Hmmm..

  8. #98
    Technician
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Grindeddown View Post
    The mats sound like a pretty good idea to adjust on the fly if needed for whatever reason. Does it introduce any additional slop into the machine though by having a pliable material in there?

    i know it seems contradictory, but I wonder if very thin sheets of silicon matting in properly placed sections could act as dampeners and reduce things like corner ringing or if it would make it worse..... Hmmm..
    If there's any slop it'll make the ringing worse, but I have it pretty tight and the other sight pretty tighter, so that any motion from it dampens faster than the slowest to dampen vibration. :-)

  9. #99

    Still selling your setup?

    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Thanks, just saw the notification pop up. I hope to have a video up on installation/use of it later this week but was busy printing misc stuff this weekend. I too had the same issue of getting the thermal barrier tubes out after the set screw leaves its mark. The set screws really gall things up. On my original flashforge parts I ended up drilling out the mounting hole a little, but this doesn't do anything for heat transfer at all since only a sliver of metal to metal contact is left after the set screw pushes the tube forward in the hole.

    One of the most important things to do when putting this new system on is getting the thermal tubes nice and smooth again. This will help insure that the tubes slide up and down easily when the clamps are loosened. I have been using the system for a couple of months now with no issues. Periodically check the clamp bolt to make sure it is tight.

    1. Are you still selling the setup for adjustment on the dual extruders for the FF creator pro?
    2. Do you recommend the smaller filament ptfe and why?
    3. Do you still use the same cooling setup for PLA or can you modify pretty much the same way with any of the mod's people have posted???


    Thanks in advance!

  10. #100
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    909
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Hey there. Yep I have some in stock.

    I do recommend the smaller PTFE tubing. It is more flexible and it allows you to load a new roll of filament without pausing since you can just push a new filament roll right after the empty one. With the bigger tubing this is more difficult since the filaments will pass each other in the tubing. The PTFE is translucent also so you can see where the filament is in the tubing.

    I don't run any PLA, but the big frog looking PLA fan setup clips into the front of the carriage just like normal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mexicamelt View Post
    1. Are you still selling the setup for adjustment on the dual extruders for the FF creator pro?
    2. Do you recommend the smaller filament ptfe and why?
    3. Do you still use the same cooling setup for PLA or can you modify pretty much the same way with any of the mod's people have posted???


    Thanks in advance!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •