Close

'Heating Failure' on my Replicator

Hi, I just purchased a Replicator, and am having some major set up woes. I've done the build platform calibration with a business card, and it attempts to heat up the right extruder. However, after about 45 seconds, the the light blinks red and the screen says "Heating Failure". The extruders don't heat correctly. I can't figure out what the heck is wrong. I've tried turning it all off and set it up again but still having this issue.

Anyone have any clue what is wrong here?

Technician
    Sounds like you need to check in the service panel. More than likely one of the leads to the heating element is lose or has come off from the terminal block.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by MakerTed View Post
    I've done the build platform calibration with a business card, and it attempts to heat up the right extruder. However, after about 45 seconds, the the light blinks red and the screen says "Heating Failure".
    First question, is this the original Replicator, the Replicator 2, or the Replicator 2X?
    Secondly, if you just bought it, and it's already not working you should fill a support ticket at http://www.makerbot.com/support/. because you're just setting up your printer for the first time, you should put '0' in for total build life on the ticket. They will respond to you probably within 4-7 hours because of the high-priority of your problem.

If they can't help you, then you should call their sales number at 347-334-6800 and say "Hey, I just bought a 'printername' and when I was setting it up I had a problem.". They should offer to connect you to the tech support people. For some reason, they either haven't listed a direct number for tech support, or I just haven't looked hard enough...

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewK View Post
    Sounds like you need to check in the service panel. More than likely one of the leads to the heating element is lose or has come off from the terminal block.

It would be a good idea to check, but make sure to be careful with all the wires and chips, and unplug your machine before you touch any of them. It would suck if you shorted something out before you got to use your printer...