Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Kickstarter Project Update #24: Progress Update - Where we're at with shipping

Project Update #24: Progress Update - Where we're at with shipping

Posted by Rinnovated Design ♥ Like
    Hey Backers,

The whole team has been working really hard on getting the kits ready for the 1st tier of Beta Tester shipments (see update #20 to read about our tiered shipping plan). We just wanted to let you know where we’re at with completing that goal!
    Here’s what we’ve accomplished:
    - All Beta kits for the first tier have been produced, packaged, and are ready to be shipped.
    - We’ve fixed some major bugs and finished a new version of the software. Note: Although the printer hardware is beta, the software is still alpha. We expect that to change with a re-write during the beta testing process.
    - The software has been posted to our server for downloading.
    - We’ve written installation, circuit tuning, calibration, and first print instructions.
    - The build instructions have been updated to the most current hardware revision (an update is in the works).
    - We’ve written a letter to the Beta Testers that will be shipped with all kits.
    - The forum has been prepared for use (structuring, sub forums, and threads, have been set up).
    - We’ve setup our Fedex shipping database.
    - All the circuits for the first tier have been tested to ensure no one is shipped a faulty circuit (we had to populate these ones by hand as our circuit order for the Beta Kits has yet to arrive).
    As this is being written, we’re working still on:
    - Testing and refining the calibration and first print instructions.
    - Moving new content from our instructions doc to the official instructions web page.
    Here’s what we’ve yet to do:
    - Print shipping labels.
    - Actually put the Beta Kits in the mail.
    - Notify each early beta tester that their kit has been shipped.
    The 1st tier of Beta Kits all packed up and ready to go out.
    As you can see, we are extremely close to sending the first kits on their way! Once we’ve finished testing and refining the last bit of our instructions, and moved them into the official instructions web page, we will take care of the final 3 steps and the first printers will have shipped!
    We realize that we are behind on the estimate we gave two weeks ago, and we apologize for that. We can assure you of is that we are working non stop to get these kits in the mail!
    Thanks,
    The Peachy Printer Team.

All,
    Any 1st tier beta backers posting here? I am curious about the beta allowance in the store.

Engineer-in-Training
    I bet all the first tiers post here. Money questions probably have to go straight to the Peachy team.

Technician
    as one of the people that paid the LARGE beta tester amount, I have no idea which of the MANY beta levels( that are implied in the threads and updates) I am actually IN or any of the details other than that I will eventually end up with two peachy printers or even when I might be receiving the beta tester printer(s) that I paid for

harpo99999; According to the reward, you'll have two Peachy. The first one will be send as a Beta test version. You will be testing the assembly and use it a little and then report what's was good (or bad) and suggest (if possible) fix or improvement. The goal is to improve the consumer version that you will receive at the end !

There's not a lot of update, I agree with you, but I prefer the team to work on stuff than giving us almost useless update on small changes. I prefer to have update on major step. For example, I prefer to have them told me they are almost ready to ship than telling me they receive 1/2 of the stuff, then all the stuff, then begin packaging, then begin building database and so on. It's a waste of time!

Plus, as soon as the "wheel" will begin to roll, I bet you'll see many more update, as customer (beta tester) will have the peachy and if there's no DNA, you'll see update about people using it, change they did, improvement.

Rylan said the beta got delayed but they are still on track for the delivery of the consumer version !

Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    I bet all the first tiers post here. Money questions probably have to go straight to the Peachy team.
    One reason to ask here is to not burden the team with extra questions which others, not currently busy, may also know the answer to. I had asked this to the team a while back and was given a vague answer whose informational content is contained in my comment.
    Thanks.

Student
    Looking good

Any idea if regular backers will be able to see the beta forum (not comment necessarily though)

Id loved to of been a beta, but time and work means i would of been a crappy beta tester if im honest.

I guess a few out in the wild may yield some more photos and videos to see what its really capable off, ive been dying to see some more but im well aware time spent commenting and writing nice posts/videos is time not spent on Peachy and its development

Quote Originally Posted by ijmok View Post
    Any idea if regular backers will be able to see the beta forum (not comment necessarily though)
    No word for now.

There's 3 "viable" options;
    1) Closed to beta tester, with NDA.
    2) Closed to beta tester, without NDA.
    3) Open to all backer in read, beta tester in read/write

*NDA : Non-Disclosure Agreement.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nka View Post
    No word for now.

There's 3 "viable" options;
    1) Closed to beta tester, with NDA.
    2) Closed to beta tester, without NDA.
    3) Open to all backer in read, beta tester in read/write

*NDA : Non-Disclosure Agreement.
    Unless they're scrapping their ethics proclamation, #3 is about the only thing that should happen. NDAs and closed off discussions are rather incompatible with the general ideas of open source and free software.

I would personally be in favour of the beta stuff being open for discussion for all. Not everyone who has useful ideas will have had the money to get in on the beta testing.
    Last edited by Compro01; 03-24-2014 at 02:06 PM.

I agree, but I'm not the one who manage the stuff.

Even being open source and free software, you may want to close the forum to the public to be able to get feedback from real tester, no just speculations.

But I think Rylan will open it. Just the topic about the diverter valve get a lot of good options, without even the beta kit out yet !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast