Close

Reprap Opensource box

Hey guys,

Ive been thinking for a while now to upgrade my Makerfarm to a more Box type of a Printer,
    Like the Ultimaker/replicator, But with Aluminium V slots / T slots.

Well if Makerfarm wont make a upgrade kit, If they do i might do that instead of this,

But i wanted to ask here if anyone seen some good Opensource models with Parts lists etc...

I've been looking for a while now but i can't find one.

I might be looking at the wrong websites

Oh well,

Thanks for the help !

If i will upgrade my makerfarm to a more box type of a printer i will update this topic with how my upgrade is going

I have all hardware parts from my makerfarm so i hope i wont be looking at a pricetag over 400 dollars obviously, I doubt i will have to pay that for some aluminium extrusion Slots and some belts and printed parts.

Student
    Hi DrLuigi,

what´s the reason behind your idea? I´m tryint to make a cover over my I3 now to avoid the temperature changing (warping), is it the same on your side?

Well i am making a heat chamber at the moment,

Its more because i want it more silent, stabile, faster.

Makerfarm kits can get great prints, but only at speeds like 35mm/s, It can go to like 70-90mm/s but those prints arent that great.

Student
    This could get really expensive

I didn´t see anything suitable to your needs so far or let´s say not below 2.500 €. But if you find something than please give me a shout - I will stop tuining my I3 then...
    At the moment I make as much improvements to my I3 as possible and i have to say that the prints are getting really better. What I did with my printer so far will be shown in a seperate thread soon.

One page which might help is GrabCAD, there is a lot of mechanical stuff there as well.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Makerfarm has developed a rail system and it looks like Colin is soon going to have an upgrade kit for the current i3's. I've heard that it should dramatically increase the print speed. You might be better off waiting for that instead of tearing your parts off and trying to rebuild a machine. I am interested in a housing myself and am slowly designing one. I'd like to see what you come up with if you do build a housing.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

It looks like?
    He isnt sure at all, It might never come, Its not like he made a upgrade kit from the I2 to the I3 also.
    It would be better for his sales tho, As nobody with a I3 8i would buy the new one just for the rail system,

Well the housing is already partly build, but we couldnt work with it since a few weeks,
    Its basicly a aluminium 2mm thick housing, With a acrlic door that will be pulled upwards with a PLA handle, Inside there will also be pretty thin isolation.
    If it gets to much heat i can always print a block and stick it under the door so it has a gap to get fresh air inside, as Wood will misform when getting hot.

Well i aint sure if it realy would be that expensive, Well quiet a bit of aluminium extrusion slots, New steel bars, etc etc, And i guess the most expensive part is already within my makerfarm kit,
    And i can print every plastic part i would need, I hoped this wouldnt cost more then 400-500 euros tho.

Student
    Would something as simple as this be suitable? I'm going to build one my self as soon as i get back from work offshore. http://www.igorkromin.net/index.php/...aking-the-box/

As heatchamber, sure ye,
    But the printer is very simple, I think it will need a very slow speed to get proper prints out of it.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Makerfarm has developed a rail system and it looks like Colin is soon going to have an upgrade kit for the current i3's. I've heard that it should dramatically increase the print speed.
    Can you pls. tell me where thin informationis comming from? I´m from far away
    I would be very interested in such a kit, at least in some parts. Could be the next step in printing!

This is kinda going off-topic,

I will put the link here: makerfarm.com But if you have more questions just PM me or create a topic or goto http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...rm-prusa-8-i3v