Hi everyone!! TheJ (Jason) here in beautiful BC Canada!

Two weeks ago, I drove from BC to Manitoba and back again during my holidays. On the way back, I had the opportunity to spend almost 10 hours with Rylan to see the printer in action, to talk to him about all things "Peachy" and of course... to pick up my printer !!!

During that time, Rylan was in the process of moving and when I meet up with him, most items had not been unpacked including the printer parts. So we literally found and unpacked those parts and got them arranged so that they were accessible. We found and rigged up his prebuilt Peachy and started going through the software, calibration and the dripper setup.

Toward the end of the evening we sat down and discussed a few highlights of our discussions throughout the day (with Nathan filming :-). So get ready for a new Peachy Update on the Kickstarter page !!!

This thread will be a blog of my progress and experiences encountered while building my V1.0 Peachy Printer.

I'm following the instructions outlined in the "PPKV1 Instructional Build Video".
Found here: http://peachyprinter.ipbhost.com/ind...-instructions/
and here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZbAi0Scz5U

The build so far...

Starting out, I found separating the scanner parts (there are more scanner parts than printer parts it seems) from the printer parts and also getting the larger items out of the way, decluttered my work space and allowed me to focus on what I was actually building.

The build starts with the orange armatures. To each of these pieces, two crazy tiny magnets and a thread need to be attached. These 2 steps are probably the HARDEST and MOST IMPORTANT steps to get RIGHT!!! Pay VERY close attention so that you don't have to do this again. I botched mine (put the magnets on the wrong %@#*'n end and had to do it again. Wasn't happy :-( It took about 30 minutes the first time and about 20 minutes the second time to get the armatures setup. These are tedious and time consuming steps.

There are two ways to glue the tiny magnets to the armature:
1) Crazy glue
2) Printing Resin

The video has instructions on how to use the resin to stick the magnets but I used Crazy glue instead. The instructions were 10 minutes long on how to use the resin and you had to assemble other items just to do it. As far as I'm concerned, so long as your crazy glue tube as a pointy tip, it will work just as good or better. Just use a torn off corner of a piece of paper to draw off excess glue.

PRO TIP
When you discover that bending the armature while trying to get the magnets on will catapult them to far off lands (and you will!), using a letter opener or a butter knife to wipe along surfaces will reacquire these microscopic little buggers with ease ! Working over carpet helps too as they can't slide.

I'm only 36 minutes into the build video so far so back to the bench !!

Jason