Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by aleksandra View Post
    The thing its that I have to talk about it not i an hour or two, but probably whole course 20 hours or something (I dont know the details yet), and it will be lectures for Art School students (15 person). And they will not use printer during the lesson, until the school will decide to buy, so it will be only a theory, with examples on the pictures, etc. Its easy to explain the whole thing in one hour, but to plan it for more time... its getting difficult of course I can talk about safety stuff etc. but what else ? doeas anyone of you have done some lectures properly ?
    I would think that if you are creating a lecture course/module of 20 hours to incorporate 3D printing in an Arts context then your primary focus would be 3D modelling. One thing that a printer is capable of is producing sculptures or molds for sculptures in other materials. I would focus on the sculpture as an art form and producing 3D models that can be used on a 3D printer which would require 3D scanners and 3D modelling software such as Blender for instance. That would easily enable you to create a whole module.

yes, in theory I know what I should say Im just asking if someone of you have a proper materials to it? or other examples of prepared lectures ?

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    Hi Aleksandra,

Having issues with your CubePro and writing a course module? No I don't have a prepared course on 3D printing in Art available for you. It would be a nice idea. If you have to write a course then you will need to define your course objectives and then build your lectures around that. I don't know if you have experience of writing a 20hr module but from my experience it is a lot of work. You shouldn't even be thinking about materials for individual lectures until you have defined what those lectures need to be about. Once the actual content and learning objectives have been decided for each lecture then you can think about finding materials and example lectures, its top down planning not bottom up. With out clearly defined learning objectives the course will just be a time filler.

Please except my apologies if you already understand all of this, I am not trying to patronise, I have know idea where your experience level lies.

the time is always an issue, therefor I thought that I could "build" lectures based on prepared lectures / ready materials prepared by someone... not necessary for Art people, but for children, and other levels etc. It would be perfect start, and then I can fill in more content or delete/edit... I would also be able to share with you guys, Im sure it would be helpful not only for me, but probably for many. so if you have any materials, I will be appreciate

Architecture students or some one need design may can use a 3D printer. I am thinking to work with some Germany architecture university students, to to give them free printing service and realize their design of a Germany city.Any one have some suggestions about this idea?

I teach biology at a California community college. I know very little about 3D printing - but I do see alot of potential in helping students be successful.
    I have aquired 2 makerbot replicators for use. one main issue was making models for vision impaired students, but obviously, in biology, we use lots of models. I can envision printing out mini skeleton kits that students would assemble in their anatomy classes for example.

So I need not only access to files in STL, but I also want to get to the point of scanning and producing our own images and products.

Ijust recieved 2 computers to run the makerbots, and they want to know what software I want loaded onto the computers.
    1. Obviously the makerbot desktop is a good start
    2. I do have access to autocad - so I assume that probably ought to be loaded

3. and what else? preferably freeware, to maximize the uses for these machines? am very interested in being able to scan a 3 d model and replicate it, possibly shrunken down, also kave alot of interest in taking 2D images of things and converting them to a 3 D image for our vision impaired students .

thanks
    Carl Johansson'
    Fresno City College

Technician
    This idea sounds amazing it is going to be a good experience to make kids learn about 3D printing and also there are many queries to ask for this as kids always have question for everything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123